Dirt King Fabrication LTS Kit Install Prep - HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaxSteel2013

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am ordering the front and rear long travel kits, but prior to installation I need to remove the 4" "MOPAR" suspension lift the dealer installed.

My dilemma:

The install of the diff drop bracket required frame modifications to the lower control arm mounts. I have a former employee willing to help with any welding, but before we think about custom fabbing frame pieces, I figured I'd ask here first.

I'm open to any advice. 2013 RAM 1500 4x4

Cheers,

Phil

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How does the Mopar 4" kit deal with the diff drop? Do you know if both lower cross members had to be cut ? or just the diff mounts ? I don't know how different the Mopar one is from the RC for example, but it seems with the RC you could just remove the crossmembers they give you and reuse the stock ones?, you will still have to deal with putting the diff back to stock height or Do they have a diff drop in their kit ?
Are you getting the front LT travel kit with the race knucles ? or would you be reusing the factory ones ?

OP
OP
MaxSteel2013

MaxSteel2013

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After a little research this morning, the Mopar kit is made by Superlift. The differential was dropped and both control arm mounts had to be cut. There was a diff drop in the kit, so I'm prepared to raise the diff back up.

I'd be getting the kit without the race knuckles; though I'm tempted to get the full race kit now that I have to weld anyway.

OP
OP
MaxSteel2013

MaxSteel2013

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok - it looks like it's figured out. The actual lower control arm mounts are still in tact. The cross bracing that ties the two sides and goes under the diff can't be reinstalled. I'm just going to have a custom piece fabbed for in between and add a skid plate to cover up the diff.

Dirt King Kits and coilovers ordered...can't wait to get to work.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
@MaxSteel2013 what are your plans for the increased track width in the front? Are you getting the Fiberwerx fenders? Do you plan on doing new wheels in the back with a big negative offset or run it with the bull dog stance?

As far as your lift removal goes its only the bracket on the drivers side that was cut. You'll be able to fab a new bracket pretty easy. The control arms are not effected by it. If it were my truck I would trace the passenger side bracket, remake it. Cut the drivers bracket clean off and weld on the new bracket I made. Then you can re-install your brace

OP
OP
MaxSteel2013

MaxSteel2013

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The plan is the Fiberwerx carbon fiber fenders and bedsides.

Both sides were cut. I still have the rear-most bracket on the passenger side. It only required cutting the front side for the axle.

I hadn't considered the offset in the rear. I'll have to figure that one out. I don't mind the very minimal bulldog stance.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
The plan is the Fiberwerx carbon fiber fenders and bedsides.

Both sides were cut. I still have the rear-most bracket on the passenger side. It only required cutting the front side for the axle.

I hadn't considered the offset in the rear. I'll have to figure that one out. I don't mind the very minimal bulldog stance.

That will look sweet!! Post a picture of what you're talking about because nothing needs to be cut for axle clearance?

OP
OP
MaxSteel2013

MaxSteel2013

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My bad. It was a quick look at my pictures. Not the axle in the way. You'll see on the front side of the bracket its cut off.

20190501_033229.jpg