Disable horn on keyfob 2019 classic warlock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

electronman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.7
I have a 2019 ram classic warlock package with remote start and security. I've tried turning off the horn in Uconnect and a combination on the keyfob with no success. It honks once to lock and twice on unlock.

Curious if there's a fix for this or is something not working correctly?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The settings to turn the horn honks off should be through the radio.
Is this a factory remote start? Factory remote start has a button on the fob you push twice, an aftermarket alarm is the lock button three times.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As Crash68 stated the “horn on lock” toggle is in the radio menu. My 2018 does not honk the horn when fob locks, unlocks or remote starts the truck. I have it deselected in the radio menu, I believe it’s under COMFORT or CONVINCE.

OP
OP
E

electronman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.7
It's the factory keyfob, factory remote start.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Try changing the settings to second press and try that for a couple of drive cycles.
If you have the push button start in the truck I believe there is other settings related to the keyfob on the radio.

OP
OP
E

electronman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.7
It's not the push start version. Seems like stuff I've read others have had similiar issues which needed a dealer or alphaOBD to fix.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I have a 2019 ram classic warlock package with remote start and security. I've tried turning off the horn in Uconnect and a combination on the keyfob with no success. It honks once to lock and twice on unlock.

Curious if there's a fix for this or is something not working correctly?
You have the right selections made so it should not honk on lock or unlock.

First step, open fuse box, gently press down on all fuses to make sure they are seated. Next step, disconnect both battery cables hold them together for a few minutes to drain all capacitors. Re-connect. Go in and set all options where you want them. It can take a couple of days or a half dozen key cycles but this fixes 95% of the issues guys have with selections not working as selected. Let us know how you make out.

OP
OP
E

electronman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.7
Thanks for that information, will be useful in the future.

I did try the pulling the cables off the battery. It was good to reset everything and start fresh.

After a 5 hour search internet and try I found a post on a older ram with factory security system.

Turning the key to run and off, then pressing the button on the security sensor 3 times pulled the settings from my Uconnect module. After that all my settings worked.