Ditched the Nitto Ridge Grapplers Today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Steve Cloud

Steve Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I guess if you only want to use your truck as a luxury car you shouldn't put all terrain tires on it. Just stay with tires made for driving to the grocery store and the kid's soccer practice. :manos:

Interestingly insulting post. Funny thing, I've taken Michelins like this through all kinds of mud, snow, and off-road situations with zero issues on other trucks I've owned. Nittos were not any better in the grip department. I'll take the better all-around tire for my truck any day. No sense in making it ride/sound worse, IMO. Have a nice one.

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
9, I think... but not sure.

Just wondering cause some wheels are 8" but im not sure which ones. My stock Laramie wheels are 9 and my after markets are 9.5. ridge graps tend to look wider which i like!

OP
OP
Steve Cloud

Steve Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just wondering cause some wheels are 8" but im not sure which ones. My stock Laramie wheels are 9 and my after markets are 9.5. ridge graps tend to look wider which i like!

Was looking at some new wheels, and was looking at either 9 or 9.5. That's why I'm thinking they are 9s... based on the conversation I had with the guy at Discount Tire.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had Michelin LTX AT2 on my last truck I traded in they were the best tire all around.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Steve Cloud

Steve Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Been very pleased with these Michelins in the past. These have been amazing so far.

Gom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put a set of Defenders on last fall. Great tires.
Had them on my car for years and they wear really slow IMO.
Also, IMO, they are great tires in the snow for non-winter tires.
I am a little surpised how much they sing on really smooth asphalt but it's not intrusive at all and furthermore, there is rarely really smooth asphalt around here.

Ron s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey guys just thought ild throw in my experience with nittos. I had 2 sets on my 04 Ram 1500 I just traded. I loved them I live in the NC Mtn’s and am a volunteer on the rescue squad here so I drive like a bat out of hell when pages out. Just a little back ground to show how good tires are I got around 48k out of first set of terra grabbers and already had over 38k on the second set when I traded trucks so I am well pleased with tires. I also drive a 100 miles 4 days a week to work on the stock size tires when I need tires on new truck will most likely go with the nittos again may try the ridge grabbers this go round

enforcer17

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020, 2019
Engine
6.4L, 5.7L
I am curious on the weight rating you had on the Nittos and the ones on the Michelin, that makes a huge difference. You have S = Standard, XL and LT tires (D, E, Etc.) 1500 trucks with LT tires will definitely ride rougher because they don't have the weight of a 2500 or 3500 to flex the sidewalls. As you can see in my avatar, I went with LT as I already had them for my 1500RCSB and they were just WAY too rough for the weight of that truck. Still feel the stiffness on this truck, but not as much. My next set with be XL rated as I find them the best compromise for 1500 Rams.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had my 37" Nitto Ridge Grapplers for over a year now with 10k miles and they are just as quiet as they day they I got them put on my truck ... the handling is the same through rain and on the highway.

You are actually the first person that I know of that is not happy with the Grapplers, what size did you have and at how many miles were you rotating? I have rotated mine every 3k miles so the next rotation is coming which I am going to do this weekend actually....

I was just going to echo that sentiment. I don't own Ridge Grapplers but have only heard great things about them.

mjb765

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I need new tires on my 2018 2500....from what I am reading here...the Ridge grapplers are much noisier than the Terra Grapplers....The one tire guy I spoke to said they are about the same and I didn't believe him. Anybody have both and can confirm?

msully725

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have 3 years and 52k on my 285/75/17 Ridge Grapplers, seem like they have at least another 10k in them, maybe longer if I only need street traction. These are a trade off to pure comfort, the trade off being the confidence go places I wouldn't take highway or even some mild all terrains. With that, mine were pretty quiet up until recently... or they just steadily got noisy over time to the point where now I notice a little hum. Two of them are a bit cupped, my fault for not rotating enough. I still love them and wouldn't trade them for something more mild. But its a choice - comfort or trail confidence... and maybe the look as well, they look a lot more bad ass than highway tires haha.

One big difference is tire pressure... took some playing around, but 42.5 in the front and 36 in the rear is pretty comfortable. And if it matters, I have 5100s all around.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I need new tires on my 2018 2500....from what I am reading here...the Ridge grapplers are much noisier than the Terra Grapplers....The one tire guy I spoke to said they are about the same and I didn't believe him. Anybody have both and can confirm?

Terra grapplers are the quietest, there more of a street tire

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Terra grapplers are the quietest, there more of a street tire
The Terra Grapplers are pretty quiet. Quieter than some other A/T tires I've had before.
Traction was also pretty good, for an A/T they did very well on deep snow and surprisingly well in mud.

0601161341-00.jpg

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I think im gonna go terra grappler, i like that they make 275/65 and 305/55 in xl rating. Now which size to pic for my 9.5" wide pro-comps! I wish they made a 285/60 in xl.