Do it your self bed liner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am sorry if there is post about this I searched and was no able to find any thing. But I a certain a 2018 Laramie and when I got the truck I didn’t do the dealer spray in liner (wish I did) anyway way I use the truck as a family and work truck so the bed has som small dents and scratches. I was thinking of doing a do it your self bed liner. How’s any one done it them selfs. Or should u pay 5X the cost and pay some one to do it

Noneck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 2500 Laramie. 35's 2 inch level. Raceme. Fully deleted 5 inch FlowPro Exh
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I sprayed the interior of my Jeep with Upol and color matched it. I was happy with it but for my truck, I went Linex for the bed. I think it's more durable than a diy kit and has a lifetime warranty. If it were mine I'd do a professional spray in. They aren't really all that expensive. 8257dc1810aa83dd25bea4730cd4ddef.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

rwfnetworking

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Years ago I used Herculiner on a Chevy S10 and it held up really well for single stage product. Although after tossing some heavy auto parts it suffered a few tears. If I were to do it again, I would use Rustoleum's epoxy bedliner or similar.

Just remember the more prep work you do the longer it will last. With bedliners make sure you sand all surfaces and then clean, clean and then clean some more.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

SaltyJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Hemi 5.7
If you do a spray-in bedliner, I would recommend PlastiKote 264 Black Bed Liner.

It looks professional, it fairs well against heavy objects. I also live in the bipolar having weather of Georgia and it’s done food against the forces of Mother Nature.

Good Luck!

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a friend use a product off Amazon called custom coat. It came with a sprayer to hook to air hose. He was happy with it when he used on Jeep bumpers. Came in 32 oz bottles (24oz of liner, 8oz hardener to add). Said it sprayed nice and was forgiving. It was the first time he ever did anything like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MoPowered

Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check out Monsta Liner it’s a roll spray or brush, sticks to vertical sides without issue, comes in tons of colors and you can create texture that doesn’t trap dirt like some spray in products and is 100% UV stable

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not really picky with certain stuff as i'm with others. I grabbed a bed liner paint kit from Autozone 2.5 years ago i believe it was Herculiner if i remember correctly, it was like $80-$90 or so and it comes in a Gallon of the stuff with a couple of rollers, a brush etc. did it myself, didn't really prep anything in any special way, just a quick wash, quick pass with the abrassive pad that came with the kit, quick wash again, after drying i started painting with the rollers :) hasn't chipped or peeled off and i used my cargo bed a lot, at least for camping gear, tools, etc etc. Had a tonnopro before then went with a softopper since then. The inside of the bed rarely sees the sun so that paint liner should last a very long long time.

HDGoose

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
L6 Diesel HO
With any kit, prepping the surface is the key. Professional applications buse heated epoxies. The roll or brush on DIY kits cane hold up well. But is not seen one that lasted as long as the professional application.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I'm not really picky with certain stuff as i'm with others. I grabbed a bed liner paint kit from Autozone 2.5 years ago i believe it was Herculiner if i remember correctly, it was like $80-$90 or so and it comes in a Gallon of the stuff with a couple of rollers, a brush etc. did it myself, didn't really prep anything in any special way, just a quick wash, quick pass with the abrassive pad that came with the kit, quick wash again, after drying i started painting with the rollers :) hasn't chipped or peeled off and i used my cargo bed a lot, at least for camping gear, tools, etc etc. Had a tonnopro before then went with a softopper since then. The inside of the bed rarely sees the sun so that paint liner should last a very long long time.

Yeah not hard at all to do either one .... We are going to be doing @the_goodguy07 's bed pretty soon too ....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357