Does it bother you when people call your RAM a Dodge?

Does it bother you when people call your 5th Gen RAM a Dodge?

• Yes

Votes: 37 16.5%
  • No

Votes: 187 83.5%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blotterhead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On the one hand, it's just semantic b.s. and who really cares. On the other hand, it's been a decade and even aftermarket companies still call the brand Dodge.

Just curious about your opinions. Being completely honest, it does bug me a bit.

Last edited:

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On the one hand, it's just semantic b.s. and who really cares. On the other hand, it's been a decade and even aftermarket companies still call the brand Dodge.

Just curious about your opinions. Being completely honest, it does bug me a bit.

It doesn’t bother me entirely, but I realize our Rams haven’t been Dodges since 2009.

But what really bugs me and grinds my gears is when people call them Fiats, tho....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

warbat

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC 4wd
Engine
Even FCA was confused. My 2011 ram had dodge written across the storage tray on the top of the dash above the radio.

predat-r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
Had someone come up and ask me if that was a raptor!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
It doesn’t bother me entirely, but I realize our Rams haven’t been Dodges since 2009.

But what really bugs me and grinds my gears is when people call them Fiats, tho....

I drive a 2010 Dodge Ram. But definitely don’t drive a Fiat!

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Bigger things in life have priority than worry what people call my RAM. As to aftermarket companies, they are just lazy if they cannot update their application guides to differentiate the change. If they cannot get the small details, why should you trust them with the big details and buying their products?

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
My wife calls it a Dodge, so I end up calling it Dodge when I'm talking to her about it. So no, it doesn't bother me.

K-Dawg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm used to it. Doesn't bother me. Just an indication of people with more important stuff on their minds than the actual name of a vehicle. Not everybody is as into our vehicles as we are.

My first car was a '71 AMC Javelin. Parts store guy (I was at the parts store alot with this one) called it either a Rambler or a Nash. My '82 Pontiac T-1000 got called a Chevette all the time. My GMC truck got called a Chevy all the time. My '13 Challenger got called a Charger all the time.

When somebody calls my Rebel a "Dodge", I simply reply (politely) that Dodge hasn't made trucks in over 10 years. It's a RAM, and then I show them the giant-assed letters on the tailgate and grille.

dav8388

Reaction score
Ram Year
In limbo between trucks
Engine
3.6 pentastar
Most of my friends call it a Goat regardless...
Stupid oval loving, bowtie freaks...

That when you come back with "I know it's the Greatest Of All Time"

I kinda does just cause I'm all about details. I just politely let them know that Ram became is own brand in 2010.

yoda

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The only reason I'm trying to get out of the habit of calling Rams, Dodges, is I am tired of accidently grabbing my Wife's Durango keys, getting out to the garage and getting the "Wrong key" message.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I kinda miss the big, DODGE RAM” actually. Don’t get me wrong, I like the RAM by itself too but it’s just not as iconic sounding to me sometimes.

SilverBullet85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Doesn't bother me but it highlights that it was a bad decision IMHO based on the way it has not caught on entirely after a decade. The fact that most sites refer to it as a DODGE is telling also..Bad decision strictly from a brand recognition standpoint...they're laughing all the way to the bank so what the hell do I know?