Dome light trigger wire from keyless entry

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Duck_NovaCain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey I’m trying to wire up a few led strips on my truck. I want to wire some footwell lights, but I’m going to just tie them in with the hot wire coming off the dome light. That way any time my dome light comes on, whether by the switch or by the keyless, my footwell lights will come on. No problem.

My problem is, I also want to wire up some puddle lights underneath the cab to shine on the ground, but only when I unlock my truck. I could wire them in with the dome light as well, but my truck doesn’t have map lights. So when running down the road, if I flick on my dome light, the puddle lights will come on. I do not want this. I want to find the trigger wire from the keyless entry that tells the dome light to come on/fade out. That way the light will only shine when I use my keyless remote, not when I manually turn on the dome light. Does anyone know where this wire is? Thanks.

3rd gen Ram - 2008 1500 4 door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Duck_NovaCain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bump. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don’t believe you’re going to find a separate wire for what you’re trying to do, especially on an 08. I’m pretty sure only one circuit is involved in turning the dome light on and off, and it is controlled by various modules on the canbus system.