DUAL FUNCTION TAILGATE-PAINT COLORS-RAMBOX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited 1500 CC 4x4 SB
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I am getting ready to order a 2020 Limited 1500. Two important aspects of the Dual Function Tailgate availability according to my Dealer -- Currently only 3 paint colors are available with the Tailgate -- Black, White and Granite Crystal.

The good news is that you CAN order both the Dual Function Tailgate and the RamBox on the same truck.

If anyone knows when more colors will be available with the Tailgate I would appreciate knowing.

Thanks.

KC5TGQ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Etorque
FCA needs to get on the ball with paint. Not nearly enough options. GM and Ford have nice blues, silvers, etc. I ordered Tri-coat Ivory and was disappointed it looks like every other WHITE truck riding down the road. I expected a cream or off white.

OP
OP
SoCADesertRat

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
FCA needs to get on the ball with paint. Not nearly enough options. GM and Ford have nice blues, silvers, etc. I ordered Tri-coat Ivory and was disappointed it looks like every other WHITE truck riding down the road. I expected a cream or off white.

Thanks for the comment. I took a look at colors in a Dealer lot the other day and was very disappointed in the Tri-coat Ivory. It was next to a White 1500 and I could not tell the difference between those 2 colors. My 2016 Laramie 3500 CTD was Pearl White and you could tell the difference, it was more of a cream color like you wanted. I was hoping for Delmonico Red on my soon to be 2020 Limited 1500, but it is beginning to look like if I want that color I will have to do without the Dual Function Tailgate, unless FCA suddenly get more generous with those tailgate colors.

OP
OP
SoCADesertRat

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I am getting ready to order a 2020 Limited 1500. Two important aspects of the Dual Function Tailgate availability according to my Dealer -- Currently only 3 paint colors are available with the Tailgate -- Black, White and Granite Crystal.

The good news is that you CAN order both the Dual Function Tailgate and the RamBox on the same truck.

If anyone knows when more colors will be available with the Tailgate I would appreciate knowing.

Thanks.

The above 3 available colors with the Multi-Function Tailgate have now been expanded to 4, adding Flame Red as of 7-15-19.

Rbohno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Powerwagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi

‘That’s interesting because my 2019 paint is called Pearl White and I love it. Sometimes it looks cream colored and other times to looks opaque.
I hate that you are disappointed in the color but I personally think all white vehicles look good. When adding mods you have more options because you can go with the contrast of adding black or go the total opposite direction and go chrome.
I am sure your truck looks awesome, add some personal touches with some mods. Maybe new rims:)

OP
OP
SoCADesertRat

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
‘That’s interesting because my 2019 paint is called Pearl White and I love it. Sometimes it looks cream colored and other times to looks opaque.
I hate that you are disappointed in the color but I personally think all white vehicles look good. When adding mods you have more options because you can go with the contrast of adding black or go the total opposite direction and go chrome.
I am sure your truck looks awesome, add some personal touches with some mods. Maybe new rims:)

My 2016 Larame 3500 CTD Sport was Pearl White also. I agree with you that the color is distinctive and different from white. However, the 2019 and 2020 1500 models do not offer Pearl White, only white and the Ivory White Tri-Coat which is the point of contention. While Pearl White has a unique personality, the Ivory White Tri-Coat does not appear to be distinguishable from the regular white according to KC5TGQ and what I have seen on Dealer lots. Anybody seen an Ivory White Tri-Cot that is really distinct from white?

Rbohno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Powerwagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My 2016 Larame 3500 CTD Sport was Pearl White also. I agree with you that the color is distinctive and different from white. the 2019 and 2020 1500 models do not offer Pearl White, only white and the Ivory White Tri-Coat which is the point of contention.

I was not aware of the white color offerings for the 1500 models. But that is kind of cheesy to offer two whites and call one “Ivory White Tri-coat” and yet they are the same color.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I saw a multi functioning tailgate in red a few weeks ago at my local dealer.

OP
OP
SoCADesertRat

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I saw a multi functioning tailgate in red a few weeks ago at my local dealer.

Was it a 2019 or 2020? I just ordered a 2020 in Delmonico Red Pearl with the tailgate and it was accepted. I believe that RAM as loosened up a lot on paint colors available with the Dual Function Tailgate.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Was it a 2019 or 2020? I just ordered a 2020 in Delmonico Red Pearl with the tailgate and it was accepted. I believe that RAM as loosened up a lot on paint colors available with the Dual Function Tailgate.

I am not really sure. My salesman set me the pic. They just got it in, it was a customers truck he ordered, so maybe a 2020?

27EB4D42-EA03-447B-8D2D-FF0E9536A278.jpeg

OP
OP
SoCADesertRat

SoCADesertRat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Could be a 2020 since production started on July 22. In early July Delmonico Red was not available with the tailgate. That is the color I ordered. I see the front corner bed braces are still there for the tailgate stress on the bed sides. Wonder how long it will be before RAM comes up with a fix that does not appear to be so last minute.