Dumped my Ford for a 2020 Rebel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So far the only thing I miss from my Ford is the center console shift knob. Replacing it with a rotary knob switch believe it or not takes some getting use to, lol.
Ugh....lol. You would think having to go from the console shifter to the knob wouldn’t be as difficult because of the fact that both of those are in the same general area. My old Ram still had the column shifter but I didn’t have problem one adapting for it to the knob.

But hey, I believe it was between 2010, 2011ish and 2016 when the Rams had that console shifter. Missed it by a few years. Lol.

And I had twin turbo V6, but there is nothing like Mopars V8. The sound alone is unmistakable. The Rebel sounds like a truck.
I hear ya. That little EgoBoost might’ve been considered pretty impressive to what a lot of Ram fans figure the outdated 5.7 Hemi as a little underpowered, but at least you could put a nice exhaust on that Hemi and not make it sound like a Fast and the Furious ricer....lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OtterOS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe I’m just a truck fan but I think those both look awesome! Excellent choice on the upgrade though!

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe I’m just a truck fan but I think those both look awesome! Excellent choice on the upgrade though!

I dunno, I’m a truck fan too but I guess I just dislike Phord too much to give it credit just because it’s another truck...lol.

Tripper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unless something has changed recently a for 4.? ecoboost wont get anywhere near the fuel mileage the 5.7 will either. My son has a 14 Ford eco and the BEST is around 14. I have a 10 F150 that will average 16 in the winter and 17 in the summer. It has a 5.4 V8 and so far the 16 Ram 5.7 is getting the same or better in fuel mileage.

OP
OP
Bob Rosenbaum

Bob Rosenbaum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My engine was 3.5-liter twin-turbo V6, 375 hp and 470 lb-ft of torque / Transmission: ten-speed automatic / Fuel economy: 17 mpg EPA city, 23. I got consistently 19 mpg.

And the bed was 700lbs lighter because of the aluminum construction. That truck did pretty well for itself.

The only downfall is the exhaust. The 6 cylinder is quiet and even with aftermarket
exhaust it still sounds like a 6 cylinder.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the better side, Ford owner for 15yrs and never again, I love my V-8 and all of its rumble and fantastic interior, and I say a face that a father can love.

Spoon91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’s beautiful Brother!!!!!

Surprisingly I didn’t find the rotary shifter to be difficult to get used to personally.
I have a ‘16 RAM 1500 that I bought brand new and a ‘97 Explorer that I’ve had for a decade and I can honestly say bouncing from the RAM to the Explorer, I don’t even think about where to reach for the gear shifter. I suppose it’s just second nature after all these years.

I agree with OtterOS. Both of the trucks look great.

But yet again, congratulations on the absolutely beautiful new Rebel!!!

Last edited:

Lucy Girl

Military, Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I’m just curious but why the move from Ford? After all, it is built Ford tough, has the highest tow rating of over 13,000 pounds in the 150 and is America’s best selling truck for what, over 40 some years?

Again I’m just strictly curious.

why not move from Ford??? I definitely would make that move. But you know I am just a RAM GUY WHO LOVES HIS RAM. ANYWAY I LOVE RAM TRUCKS.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
why not move from Ford??? I definitely would make that move. But you know I am just a RAM GUY WHO LOVES HIS RAM. ANYWAY I LOVE RAM TRUCKS.

My response about that was rather dripping with sarcasm.... I was just more less curious, that if Phord was was so great like so many Phord fan boys like to say they are, how could one move away from it?....lol.

OCDTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
and I think the Ram has been the better looking truck for years! Im personally not a fan of the 5th gens and the way they changed the headlights and the grill.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Me also, although they are quickly growing on me. Also like a lot of other scenarios COLOR and and contrast has a lot to do with it.

bigdave2212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Me also, although they are quickly growing on me. Also like a lot of other scenarios COLOR and and contrast has a lot to do with it.
I have the Mojave sand and absolutely love that color. I don't like the new headlights at all, I love the Amber running lights as opposed to the white LEDs. Love they changed the cup holder after my year to make more sense and they added the front sensors also, but I rarely run into things lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Bob Rosenbaum

Bob Rosenbaum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok so had the truck for one week. Added some new toys, bedliner, running boards and tonneau top. Bedliner came in four pieces, back, sides and bottom. Just snaps together, installs in 20 minutes and cost $400. Company is called Dualiner out of Wisconsin.

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lookin good Bob....hope you enjoy your Ram as much as I do mine.

Lucy Girl

Military, Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
My response about that was rather dripping with sarcasm.... I was just more less curious, that if Phord was was so great like so many Phord fan boys like to say they are, how could one move away from it?....lol.

what is Phord??? lol

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
what is Phord??? lol

Phord?? Pherd?? Ferd??

C’mon man, us non-Ford fans been brutally and intentionally misspelling that word on purpose for years and years. [emoji41]

Lucy Girl

Military, Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
Phord?? Pherd?? Ferd??

C’mon man, us non-Ford fans been brutally and intentionally misspelling that word on purpose for years and years. [emoji41]

I am the largest non phord fan in the world. But I do live where the deer and hogs run free.

OP
OP
Bob Rosenbaum

Bob Rosenbaum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So far this Rebel has been great. Rides really nice, sounds great, shifts smooth very happy!

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I am the largest non phord fan in the world. But I do live where the deer and hogs run free.
Let's go hunting I'll bring the truck,rifles and ammo. SNK
Happy late birthday.
Blue Mule