Dumped my Ford for a 2020 Rebel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigdave2212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Welcome to the good side! I think you will be happier with the 5.7 V8! Look at the pedal commander to wake up that truck. It's alot of fun to drive after that?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's a great looking truck.

Squat down when you take a photo, it's a better vantage point for most vehicles.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good move. Those FORD letters on the F-150 look clownishly large.

Yeah I know, right?… LOL. I remember back in 2017, 2018 when the last of the fourth Gens were having that really large “RAM” the back of the tailgates, and people were poking fun at ram over that… LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Good deal man! I hope you like it and keep liking it because I’d hate to see you showing up on one of ram trucks posts on Facebook complaining about something saying you should’ve never left Ford… LOL

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Smart move. I like it

Blue Mule

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys only had for a few days but loving it so far.

I’m just curious but why the move from Ford? After all, it is built Ford tough, has the highest tow rating of over 13,000 pounds in the 150 and is America’s best selling truck for what, over 40 some years?

Again I’m just strictly curious.

bigdave2212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I’m just curious but why the move from Ford? After all, it is built Ford tough, has the highest tow rating of over 13,000 pounds in the 150 and is America’s best selling truck for what, over 40 some years?

Again I’m just strictly curious.

Ohhh here we go.......... I knew it had to be sooner then later! I guarantee if you subtract the fleet sales from your last statement that evens the playing field by alot. It's extremely difficult to change a PO from 1 manufacturer to another. It's not a true representation of true sales. I honestly can't think of anything that I would tow that either truck couldn't handle, and don't see in the near future a purchase that would warrant even debating it. I think interior and trim packages look way better from ram, and I think the Ram has been the better looking truck for years! Im personally not a fan of the 5th gens and the way they changed the headlights and the grill. Just my $.02

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ohhh here we go.......... I knew it had to be sooner then later! I guarantee if you subtract the fleet sales from your last statement that evens the playing field by alot. It's extremely difficult to change a PO from 1 manufacturer to another. It's not a true representation of true sales. I honestly can't think of anything that I would tow that either truck couldn't handle, and don't see in the near future a purchase that would warrant even debating it. I think interior and trim packages look way better from ram, and I think the Ram has been the better looking truck for years! Im personally not a fan of the 5th gens and the way they changed the headlights and the grill. Just my $.02

That’s funny, I feel the same way. I didn’t figure there’d be a problem jumping from one manufacture to the other but, Ford does have some of the cheapest lower trim models that’s hard to compete with. And, they supposedly give out good rebates and incentives to fleet companies that’s also hard competing with as well so yeah, I don’t particularly care for it when some all-in Ford fanboy tries to use that as an argument. Lol.

But about the towing, as far as I’m concerned, anything over 10,000 pounds with a halfton, is pretty damn good, and probably getting real close to crossing that border of 3/4-ton territory.

And yeah, I’m not real big on the 5th-gen halftons, but I really do like the new design on the HD’s.

Anywho, I wasn’t trying to start an argument or anything, I was just curious why the jump from a truck brand that so many Ford-fans act like is better than sliced bread. Lol. I get it, we all have what we like/don’t like and different strokes for different folks but damn, Fords ain’t no better than anything else. Lol. And yeah, that aluminum might not rust, but is sure as **** ain’t no “military-grade” aluminum. Lol.

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
I’m a fan, good looking truck and welcome to the club.

OP
OP
Bob Rosenbaum

Bob Rosenbaum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So far the only thing I miss from my Ford is the center console shift knob. Replacing it with a rotary knob switch believe it or not takes some getting use to, lol.

And I had twin turbo V6, but there is nothing like Mopars V8. The sound alone is unmistakable. The Rebel sounds like a truck.

Speaking of sound, everything sounds better about this truck over the Ford. Stereo is amazingly better and I don't have a Rebel 12 unit.

Stupid little things like the blinkers. The Ford when you turned off your blinkers they don't shut off immediately like the Rebel.

Last edited: