Ebay CAI/Snorkel??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MvZiC MaN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9L 295 CI Magnum V6 :(
im looking for a cold air intake that i can adapt to a Snorkel for my Ram
and i found this for a Dodge dakota with the same engine that i have in my truck... My question is can i buy this and then just go to advance and get a better filter?? and would it be worth my money if i wanted to make a PVC Snorkel and attach it to the Air hat thing???

Here's the CAI i want to buy/Modify
DURANGO DAKOTA 3.2 3.2L 3.9 3.9L V6 COLD AIR INTAKE 97 98 99 01 02 03 BLUE | eBay

And here is my goal

Snorkel_1.jpg

any Suggestions would be great.... Im on an Extremly tight budget right now so im looking for the cheapest possible items...

Last edited:

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
I can't see ebay links here at work but this is the intake I made with using an air hat of a Dakota. It mounts to our throttle body
101_0014.jpg
100_2144.jpg

OP
OP
MvZiC MaN

MvZiC MaN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wermbang that looks awesome... And that is the same air hat thing that connects to the TB ....
Thanks for the input!!

Sent From My HTC Thunderbolt Using Tapatalk

Last edited:

scott2488

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have that one on my truck. they make it for the ram too.

OP
OP
MvZiC MaN

MvZiC MaN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have that one on my truck. they make it for the ram too.

I know but the one for my truck from eBay was $50 and for the Dakota it was $28...

Anyway I ordered the CAI about an hour ago I'll do a write up on my snorkel when I finish it

Sent From My HTC Thunderbolt Using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
MvZiC MaN

MvZiC MaN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well if you do tht please paint the m effer and don't leave white PVC pipe haha

***** ill probably (Eventually) cover it in a Paintable rubberized coating and then paint it the same color as my truck

Last edited:

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
you know maybe instead of cutting a hole in the fender and leaving it there may you can bring it out thru the fender so you can remove if when not actually needing it. just a though.

OP
OP
MvZiC MaN

MvZiC MaN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
you know maybe instead of cutting a hole in the fender and leaving it there may you can bring it out thru the fender so you can remove if when not actually needing it. just a though.

What do you mean bring it out through the fender?

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What do you mean bring it out through the fender?

woops i meant thru the plastic liner in the wheel well to hide everything and so you dont have to cut a hole in the fender. Then when you dont need it you can take it off and it will look like it wasnt there.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 LB CC Diesel
Engine
6.7 CTD
Does anyone make a real snorkel set-up for 2nd gen CTD rams? Our grassland fire trucks are CTD's and with the intake set-up on them they plug the filters off with soot on almost every fire we go to. Not interested in a home built system but havent had much luck finding a manufactured one. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
MvZiC MaN

MvZiC MaN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone make a real snorkel set-up for 2nd gen CTD rams? Our grassland fire trucks are CTD's and with the intake set-up on them they plug the filters off with soot on almost every fire we go to. Not interested in a home built system but havent had much luck finding a manufactured one. Any suggestions?

Nope the 2nd gens werent built for going thru water so no companies made any for the 2nd gens... Trust me ive been looking for the past 2 years now!!!!

But you can buy some for the jeep Cherokees of a similar year and it SHOULD fit... but at a price tag of $100 - $250 im just gonna make my own

OP
OP
MvZiC MaN

MvZiC MaN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
woops i meant thru the plastic liner in the wheel well to hide everything and so you dont have to cut a hole in the fender. Then when you dont need it you can take it off and it will look like it wasnt there.

Thats actually a good idea!!!!! I might do that depending on how it looks when its done.... Cuz i like the look of a snorkel but since its a homemade one idk yet.... But still an Awesome Idea

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
they make them for 3rd gens you might be able to modify one and make it fit a 2nd gen.

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thats actually a good idea!!!!! I might do that depending on how it looks when its done.... Cuz i like the look of a snorkel but since its a homemade one idk yet.... But still an Awesome Idea

Yea the one you posted looks kinda bad and its still pvc even if it is painted. Atleast that way i posted it can be taken off and you wont have a hole in the fender.