eBay led taillight issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not really a complaint to be honest as I've had them now for probably over three years.
The passenger side only now is occasionally sending brake light out message . Yet, brake light works.

I'm thinking it's perhaps the inbuilt resistor that's going ? It's those LED tails lights that are for non led equipped Rams. Cheers.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had eBay led taillights on a previous ram. Every time I started it I got a parking light out msg. Something to do with the fact that they draw less electricity than the stock taillights and the computer assumes a light is out because of the lower draw. Some folks figured out a way to wire in a resistor to increase draw.

OP
OP
Limeybastard

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had eBay led taillights on a previous ram. Every time I started it I got a parking light out msg. Something to do with the fact that they draw less electricity than the stock taillights and the computer assumes a light is out because of the lower draw. Some folks figured out a way to wire in a resistor to increase draw.
Thing is they worked ok for three years.

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
There is a method in bodybuilders guide to disable rear light checks. I will be doing this sometimes in January.

OP
OP
Limeybastard

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So for it have worked without throwing a message for over 3 years does that mean perhaps the actual assembly itself has a developed a fault? As I cant see why after these many years the truck would throw the message on evic.