Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

Ecodiesel Exhaust Choices After Delete

Discussion in 'Dodge Ram Eco Diesels' started by Crescent1101, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Crescent1101

Crescent1101 Senior Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.0L ECODIESEL
    So I ran my truck for a couple of days with just the FLO PRO Delete kit. So I had no exhaust filter back. It sounded pretty badass. Fast forward, I got my muffler delete and re installed my stock dual tailpipes. The truck feels slower and I don't like the sound. What exhaust do you guys recommend? I ordered MBRP Single Straight pipe but I have the bumper with the cut outs. I was thinking about either canceling my order and getting the banks duals. Another options was just getting a turn down. What do you guys think?

2. crash68

crash68 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.0 EcoDiesel
    I'd stick with a large single like the Banks or MBRP, but I'm not really a fan of the duals look.
    You can probably find someone to sell the duals to and work out a swap for the bumper.
    Not sure why the truck would feel slower, diesels torque curve doesn't change as much with reduced backpress as much as gasser. Talk to your tuner for ideas?

3. Crescent1101

Crescent1101 Senior Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    3.0L ECODIESEL
    I think I will stick with my order and install the MBRP Single 3.5in. Now to sell or trade my bumper. I have the muffler delete kit to sell with it if someone wants it.

4. rroche1982

rroche1982 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    EcoDiesel
    This is what I did, sounds great. Good tone not too loud. I kept the duals on mine. That's are some big tips, but they fill the bumper out nice

Screenshot_20191009-170029.png