Edge tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ruffworks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I have a 03 Cummins 5.9 I purchase little over a year ago. It's got an edge evolution chip installed in it. Seems to run very well. I pull a pretty heavy toy hauler. When pulling a steep grade when my exhaust temp gets to 1100 degrees my screen starts blinking and changes to a different screen. Am I maxing out on exhaust temp and need to back out of the throttle or is my boost to high?

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Sounds like it might be that your Edge has a pre-set EGT max temp setting. For your 5.9L Cummins
Max safe EGT is 1300 deg F but your Edge EGT could be set lower than that.

Your probe might be mounted near the front between cylinders 3 & 4, in the back between cylinders 5 & 6 or in the 90 deg bend near the turbo. All those locations are pre-turbo and away from a direct stream of gas from a single cylinder.

Does your Edge have a monitor on it so you can see different gauges and settings? What screen pops up after it blinks?