Electric folding mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Omilon69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
Good evening gentlemen I am working on a 2018 ram 1500 tradesman and my truck has power mirrors as well as heated but no signals built into them and I just acquired electric folding mirrors with the signal lights built into them and puddle lights I suppose I was wondering if it's possible to get that stuff working on my truck or if anybody has done it The new mirrors were off for 2015 I believe!

Murphyjs6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Good evening gentlemen I am working on a 2018 ram 1500 tradesman and my truck has power mirrors as well as heated but no signals built into them and I just acquired electric folding mirrors with the signal lights built into them and puddle lights I suppose I was wondering if it's possible to get that stuff working on my truck or if anybody has done it The new mirrors were off for 2015 I believe!
Yes you either have to take it to the dealership to have the codes added or you can use the alfaobd app as for the power folding you have to buy the module and the button if it's set up as oem.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can easily enable the power fold code with the alfa tool as mentioned but you will need to buy the correct master switch and door modules. The dealer Cannot enable the LER power fold code because it's not allowed in your trim level. you will have to purchase the alpha app to do it. It's easy to do. I reccomend checking out the alfa OBD thread and looking at the first post for links to known working codes and directions. The dealer can activate the LEB/LEC blinker and puddle light codes but the alfa tool can easily do that as well. You do not need to change the master switch or door modules for the blinker and puddle lights to work. You only need to change them for the power fold option to work.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWL
OP
OP
O

Omilon69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 L
sweet thanks for the info that's what I love about being burgers