Electric Tonneau w RAMbox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xlunaticmoon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys,
I just purchased a
2018 RAM 1500 Limited Tungsten edition 5’7 bed with RAMbox.

I am in search for a electronic Tonneau Cover that is as weather proof as possible.

I am looking specifically at the Retrax Powertrax Pro MX Tonneau Cover But I have read mixed reviews about leaking.

Anyways and suggestions/ info/ and pictures are welcome

thank you in advance!!

link for info
https://tonneaucoversworld.com/p/retrax-powertraxpro-mx-tonneau-cover/v/dodge/ram-1500/2018/

16976001-3015-4E35-85BB-FE8139753A02.png

0AA7CE14-00D7-437B-8060-AB0219B6A6EC.png

Cpap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I am kind of wondering the same thing. The conclusion I have come to is that any cover the relies on sealing on top of the bed side (top of the rambox doors) will leak because of the gaps between the door and the rest of the bed side...if that makes sense. I read one review that said the Retrax also interfered with opening the rambox doors. I have a Bak 4-piece solid cover I want to replace...it's been beat to death by a previous owner, it's so heavy and I don't like losing my back window when it's open. It's nowhere near water tight but it is in bad shape so I can't blame the cover. I am considering the roll up by Bak or Truxedo. I have not found another brand that offers the power option...have you?

Last edited:

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I had a retractable box on my 2003 for about 15 years give or take. While not a Rambox, I think the issues are about the same, more flat surfaces with crevices equals more opportunities for leaks. Unless the cover sits at least on, if not overhanging the side, the possibility of a leak is higher. I went with a trifold hard top after my retractable finally gave up, and have had zero leaks. I don't really have an option I used but when I was looking at the rambox model I was considering the soft roll top with Velcro. Velcro has its own problems but at least it does not interfere with opening boxes and there isn't a gap line where retractable cover meets track. Good luck.