Electrical confusion...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michigan BIGHORN

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi (obviously)
2011 1500 4x4.
Intermittent yet ongoing electrical "twitches". I've had the truck since June, approx 114,000 miles on it. I have this thing that happens especially if it sits for several days.....upon physically opening any of the doors the wipers will "twitch" and walk up the windshield about a 1/4 inch. Sometimes this is accompanied by a short beep of the horn but not always. At times when I open the door and this doesn't happen but I insert the key into the ignition switch I'll get a slight wiper "twitch" but never any horn. Everything works great on the truck. No parasitic draws, brand new battery, ECT. At first I thought that it could be something tied into the interior lights (opening doors engages lights which causes voltage spike) but the doors don't always trigger it and the ignition switch kinda debunks that theory since its not tied into the interior lights unless I'm mistaken. This is more of an annoyance issue than anything because it hasn't so far caused any real problems. I would like to know what is going on though so I can be prepared if this escalates. BTW had it into the dealership to have new key fobs programmed and was describing this to the service manager. His response.....we see a lot of different issues with the Ram trucks for electrical but that's a first, never heard of that happening. Of course as luck would have it while it was there it behaved perfectly so the problem wasn't duplicated. Just my luck lol, could be raining pu**y and I'd get hit in the head with a d*ck! That's my level of luck. Any input is appreciated. Thanks everyone.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You have found the reason the last owner got rid of it. I would go right to the fuse box, those are open to the elements and possibly your problem. I would check all connections to the point of taking leads off and cleaning them, add some dielectric grease, and replace. Check grounds as well and clean up everything. Also battery leads. Somewhere there is a bad connection that is causing your problem. Know it is a pain, but that is how I solved previous electrical problems. Good luck.

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just my luck lol, could be raining pu**y and I'd get hit in the head with a d*ck!
I'm sorry that I have nothing constructive to add to the discussion at hand. However, that was some funny ****. I actually laughed out loud at work. Good thing I dont share an office with anyone. So, thanks for that.

OP
OP
Michigan BIGHORN

Michigan BIGHORN

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi (obviously)
I'm sorry that I have nothing constructive to add to the discussion at hand. However, that was some funny ****. I actually laughed out loud at work. Good thing I dont share an office with anyone. So, thanks for that.

Glad to make you laugh we could all use some more of that in our lives.