Electrical Gremlin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RickH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thought I was being attacked by electrical gremlins due to losing 2 left side low beam lamps in a week. Turns out my local repair shop really did their homework and discovered that if the battery is not providing the voltage that the "integrated electrical control module" is looking for, then the module shuts down that lamp, or kills the filament. No message in the info center. Nothing on the dash. One very large and expensive battery later, I'm good to go, maybe. My description may not be perfect, but I hope you all get the gist of my story, and benefit somehow. In my defense, I was going to replace the battery this Spring, 8 years and 86K miles and all, but I guess it decided to make that decision for me!

OP
OP
RickH

RickH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thought I was being attacked by electrical gremlins due to losing 2 left side low beam lamps in a week. Turns out my local repair shop really did their homework and discovered that if the battery is not providing the voltage that the "integrated electrical control module" is looking for, then the module shuts down that lamp, or kills the filament. No message in the info center. Nothing on the dash. One very large and expensive battery later, I'm good to go, maybe. My description may not be perfect, but I hope you all get the gist of my story, and benefit somehow. In my defense, I was going to replace the battery this Spring, 8 years and 86K miles and all, but I guess it decided to make that decision for me!