Enable Loudness audio setting on 8.4UAQ on Alpha OBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Actually after reading this my harness doesn’t allow it to connect to the radio.

From the harness provider:

If you have a 2018+ RAM and would like to perform diagnostics or make changes to the modules of your truck using tools like AlfaOBD or AutoEngenuity, this bypass is for you.Does this allow access to all modules?It has been tested connecting to the BCM and RFH. Since it bypasses the security module for both the CAN C and CAN IHS, almost all modules should be good. The one exception is the radio. The radio does not directly connect to the either CAN of the truck, it is hung off of a DMZ on the security module to protect the truck's CAN in case the radio would be comprised via the 4G cellular functionality
Thanks for the clarification! That makes sense!

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Actually after reading this my harness doesn’t allow it to connect to the radio.

If you have a 2018+ RAM and would like to perform diagnostics or make changes to the modules of your truck using tools like AlfaOBD or AutoEngenuity, this bypass is for you.Does this allow access to all modules?It has been tested connecting to the BCM and RFH. Since it bypasses the security module for both the CAN C and CAN IHS, almost all modules should be good. The one exception is the radio. The radio does not directly connect to the either CAN of the truck, it is hung off of a DMZ on the security module to protect the truck's CAN in case the radio would be comprised via the 4G cellular functionality
My 2017 doesn't require a security bypass and it won't connect to radio, well it connects,but can't make changes. Think the warning says you need a blue harness or something along those lines.

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I found the blue adapter that is needed, perhaps some adapters have built in functionality,but they are mostly used for Fiats in Europe. Saw someone with a Jeep needed a cable for proxi alignment as well.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Ah same one as I have. Now I know I won’t have access either. Thank you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat