Engine Air Filter, Wix vs Mopar oem, factory warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Jones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Time to change my engine air filter. Thinking of going with WIX Standard filter 42725 . Will this void my factory warranty by going with wix or should I just buy a mopar oem and replace?

Tankerpilot01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Time to change my engine air filter. Thinking of going with WIX Standard filter 42725 . Will this void my factory warranty by going with wix or should I just buy a mopar oem and replace?

Not using OEM legally cannot void a warranty unless it is provided free of charge or it can be proven it causes the failure. Magnuson-Moss Act of 1975.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Your truck still under factory warranty?

No not now but I change to that filter long before I was out of the factory warr.
Like was said that cant void the warrenty unless they can prove the none oem filter was the cause of a failure.

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Try a Mopar 68190705AA. Its the factory filter for the 6.4Hemi 2500s and the Ecodiesel. It has much deeper pleats than the factory 5.7 Mopar filter so it will flow slightly better/hold more dirt and will fit in the stock 5.7 airbox.

OP
OP
Michael Jones

Michael Jones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Try a Mopar 68190705AA. Its the factory filter for the 6.4Hemi 2500s and the Ecodiesel. It has much deeper pleats than the factory 5.7 Mopar filter so it will flow slightly better/hold more dirt and will fit in the stock 5.7 airbox.

Agreed, yeah, pulled the number as you gave off my stock filter and found it on Amazon for $32. Went by oreillys to see the wix. It is definitely shorter on the pleats than the factory oem.

Another question by changing it myself and or changing the oil and oil filter, void factory warranty?

I'm told to just keep receipt and documentation on when it was changed and mileage....

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
K&N panel filter from azone was like 35.00 (I think) no warranty issues

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
Agreed, yeah, pulled the number as you gave off my stock filter and found it on Amazon for $32. Went by oreillys to see the wix. It is definitely shorter on the pleats than the factory oem.

Another question by changing it myself and or changing the oil and oil filter, void factory warranty?

I'm told to just keep receipt and documentation on when it was changed and mileage....
If you're changing the air filter yourself, make sure you get all 4 clips latched back on. Doing your own oil & filter is OK also. Just keep receipts & document when it's done. I heard Chrysler is starting to require proof of maintenance on some of the extended warranties. Both dealers I've worked for won't ask for proof unless something is blatantly & obviously neglect or abuse, or warranty wants further info. Other dealers may operate differently, best to ask them up front.