Engine check & fuel cap indication

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David Barros

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 liter
I own a 2015 Ram 1500 LoneStar 5.7, recently had the engine light & check fuel cap indicator light up on display. Have changed fuel cap and purge valve out. Anyone else have this problem or know of a solution. Please help.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Turn truck off remove cap reinstall and remove negative side of battery terminal to reset the computer.

OP
OP
D

David Barros

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 liter
Dinky, ty for your response, I have already cleared the indicators by disconnecting the negative on the battery but after a few day, both the gas cap and engine light come back on.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dinky, ty for your response, I have already cleared the indicators by disconnecting the negative on the battery but after a few day, both the gas cap and engine light come back on.

Hmmm mine does that when the guy doesn't put my cap on tight enough. Takes a day or two to clear itself. Have you got a obd scanner? Might be able to see another code

bmclark25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had this issue with my cap. I ended up putting Vaseline on the cap where the rubber seal is and I haven't had an issue since.