Engine Light on Pedal Commander...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Installed the 5th Gen PC last night and got the engine light. I did leave door open 10mins Key Fob pass 10meters.

1st try, ran at City Mode drove ok about 1mile. then full stop (on drive) switched to Sports and PC went to Limp mode. had engine light one and 3 other lights went on. Truck wont go pass certain RPM. Pulled over, Engine off and waited for few mins. Turn it back on and switch to City drove fine. All 3 other lights off except Engine light was still on. I had to un-install following the same step 10meters, doors open etc. Got the engine light off when it was put back to factory mode. Drove 1 mile to confirm and no light.

2nd try - same process but found some tin can/foil on my shed so I put keyfob inside AL tin can, wrapped it in foil and put this inside 50cal ammo can ( why not lmao) installed after system turned off. Drove it to City mode for maybe 2-3miles and everything was ok. Then went to Sports and Sports + few times. Switching while dead stop, engine turned off but still on drive. It managed to work for few times and on my last run, I switched from City to Sport and Engine light aliong with the other 3 lights, went to limp mode again. Bit irritated to I just un-installed following the same process as above.

I just un-installed it at work and will reinstall during lunch to see if the issue persist.

Any having the same issue here?

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Someone once had this issue and they had the PC for a previous gen. Are you sure you have the right one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Someone once had this issue and they had the PC for a previous gen. Are you sure you have the right one?

the 4th gen PC plugs are different then the 5th gen PC plugs so I don’t think he could install it if he had the wrong one???

OP
OP
Hendrix De Leon
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
ordered this
Item: 2019+ (new body style) Ram 1500 all engines, Pedal Commander
Throttle Response Controller PC78 Bluetooth(23688012)
so unless they sent me a wrong Program with the right connector or this PC is just crap.

https://imgur.com/BdUMCHh

yes connectors are plug-in and followed the direction etc.

irritated, waste of time/money!

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
the 4th gen PC plugs are different then the 5th gen PC plugs so I don’t think he could install it if he had the wrong one???

It wasn’t me, so I wasn’t sure how it happened. There’s a thread on it.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
ordered this
Item: 2019+ (new body style) Ram 1500 all engines, Pedal Commander
Throttle Response Controller PC78 Bluetooth(23688012)
so unless they sent me a wrong Program with the right connector or this PC is just crap.

https://imgur.com/BdUMCHh

yes connectors are plug-in and followed the direction etc.

irritated, waste of time/money!

I think mine is a PC07 for the 1500 new body style. You need to to recheck and make sure you didn't get the one for the classic. I'll check to make sure tomorrow..

iLLeStEyECoN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
This is mine:

2019 Ram Pedal Commander Throttle Response Controller PC07 Bluetooth(23688012)

I haven’t had a single issue with it. Nick from GotExhaust can chime in.

1morepart

2019 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi 3.92’s
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My pc78 works fine on my 2020. Hope you figure it out. It is a great product imo JB

Jeremy77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wonder if it’s because you switched it in drive. I always put my truck in park or neutral before switching. I read somewhere that the truck will sense a change in voltage when in drive and it can throw all sorts of codes. No problems with mine (knock on wood).