Engine Splash Guard

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Folson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all. Today as I was under my truck 2013 Ram 1500 I noticed that from the Radiator to the belt (under the vehicle) is wide Open. Is there suppose to be some type of guard? I would think so because dirt etc can hit the belt etc! There was a snow plow at one time, maybe it was removed? Anyway how or what can I do?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Try and aftermarket skid plate? Something like this?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Today as I was under my truck 2013 Ram 1500 I noticed that from the Radiator to the belt (under the vehicle) is wide Open. Is there suppose to be some type of guard?
From the radiator shroud to the engine, no there isn't a guard or splash shield. I don't think any truck has a shield under fan/belt drive.

OP
OP
F

Folson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello thanks everyone. Going to loom if their is a after market skid plate. If not probably make a temp plate and see if something can be fabricated not too expensive. Seeing Ive had this truck for several tears with no issues wondering if its worth the effort. Thanks again

OP
OP
F

Folson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also the suggestion for the Skid plate looks great but the product says not Compatible? I have a 2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Hello all. Today as I was under my truck 2013 Ram 1500 I noticed that from the Radiator to the belt (under the vehicle) is wide Open. Is there suppose to be some type of guard? I would think so because dirt etc can hit the belt etc! There was a snow plow at one time, maybe it was removed? Anyway how or what can I do?
Vehicles have been wide open underneath since the beginning of time. My '97 Ram 1500 4x4 is wide open, my '85 Suburban 4x4 was wide open, my '74 Chevy 4x4 was wide open. All were used for A LOT of off-roading in rain, mud, snow and dirt, none had any ill-effects from being wide open underneath.