Everyone hates on my Powerwagon for not being diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
Ha! For the 5 days I've had my Mega Cab 6.4 home every single person has asked me, "No diesel?" Hey, don't need one a-hole :flipthebird::biggun::biggun:

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
That's a good stuck! Lol

CDN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
6.7L CTD
Ha! For the 5 days I've had my Mega Cab 6.4 home every single person has asked me, "No diesel?" Hey, don't need one a-hole :flipthebird::biggun::biggun:

Nope you're correct don't need one, but sure nice to have one.:evillol:

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think most people just lump 3/4 and up as only coming with the diesel. I always got that when I had my f250 with the v10. As long as ur happy with it, let'em hate!

Mr Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I read it was due to the diesel not fitting with the winch in the bumper.

Mr Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice to have if needed only.

Is there a reason Ram doesn't have the diesel as an option in the PW?

I read it was due to the diesel not fitting with the winch in the bumper.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
Nice to have if needed only.

Is there a reason Ram doesn't have the diesel as an option in the PW?

Because power wagons are ment for off road, diesels they do go off road but not very well they are to nose heavy and bury them selfs fast. I had a diesel stuck on flat ground twice... That 800lb difference make a huge difference off road.

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe the winch occupies the area of the intercooler.

The reason I read from RAM Is the weight of the cummins would negatively affect the front suspension and off road capability would suffer more than they were willing to accept.

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
Yeah, I understand the weight of the diesel and have a good bit of experience with off roading. If you are rock crawling ( as much as you can with a crew cab of this size), playing in the mud bogs, etc I get it. But for the guys that go more on the adventure/camping off road trips, use them as chase/support trucks for off road races (that also do double duty as daily drivers) I wouldn't think the extra weight would hinder the capabilities too much. how many guys buy the PW to do hardcore off-road trails? They're sort of expensive for that kind of play.

Anyways, wouldn't be surprised if someone has done a diesel swap into an older (5/6 year old truck) PW.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I saw a thread somewhere where someone was going to swap in an older 5.9 cummins into one. Like an 11-12 I believe. That would be a badass setup and would the reliability of a pre emissions cummins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
PowerWagon2012

PowerWagon2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I saw a thread somewhere where someone was going to swap in an older 5.9 cummins into one. Like an 11-12 I believe. That would be a badass setup and would the reliability of a pre emissions cummins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's me. Hoping to get started soon actually

nationalminer84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I love hearing about how great Diesels are from the people that don't TOW (Usually have a huge Hitch/Shackle in the receiver) and Drive around with their towing mirrors out

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
When I bought my 2500 I actually went out looking for a power wagn and didn't get one because I needed the diesel more to pull. I tow a 14K lb 35 foot trailer to Alabama (14 hours) and the Cummins saves me money in fuel. I wish I could get the winch of the PW in my truck but I understand it's designed in reverse and won't fit. I would have to extend my front bumper out.