Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnTheTrails

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9L
Hello 3rd gen Cummins drivers... Can anybody recommend the AC Delco 65AGMHR (88865697) for my '05 Ram 2500? I bought this truck last year, and OEM batteries are 14 years old now and on the way out. Looking for equivalent or better CCAs, and this $148 65AGMHR is priced VERY, very well at Summit Racing, has 775 CCA, 120 reserve, 70 AH@20.

Living in a Winter climate, where many nights we're at 5-20 F. Had trouble last winter, but that's because my OEM's are so old and I had to keep em on a charger a lot.

I was considering spending $260 on the Odyssey 65-760 until I found the AC Delco with similar specs, and while the Odyssey looks great, the AC Delco 65AGMHR is so much cheaper. I've seen some ragging on AC Delco for our trucks, but also some good feedback for the Ram 2500 5.9L and other larger engine diesels. I even considered spending a lot more on the fancy Odyssey that does really well with running all the extras and has 950 CCAs, just because I will often be in 0-30 degree Winter weather.

Thanks for any feedback... mostly hoping to confirm my purchase on the AC Delcos based on what people say, or jump up in price to the Odyssey I mentioned. Yes, I know people have lots of opinions... I am not going to buy Optimas.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hello 3rd gen Cummins drivers... Can anybody recommend the AC Delco 65AGMHR (88865697) for my '05 Ram 2500? I bought this truck last year, and OEM batteries are 14 years old now and on the way out. Looking for equivalent or better CCAs, and this $148 65AGMHR is priced VERY, very well at Summit Racing, has 775 CCA, 120 reserve, 70 AH@20.

Living in a Winter climate, where many nights we're at 5-20 F. Had trouble last winter, but that's because my OEM's are so old and I had to keep em on a charger a lot.

I was considering spending $260 on the Odyssey 65-760 until I found the AC Delco with similar specs, and while the Odyssey looks great, the AC Delco 65AGMHR is so much cheaper. I've seen some ragging on AC Delco for our trucks, but also some good feedback for the Ram 2500 5.9L and other larger engine diesels. I even considered spending a lot more on the fancy Odyssey that does really well with running all the extras and has 950 CCAs, just because I will often be in 0-30 degree Winter weather.

Thanks for any feedback... mostly hoping to confirm my purchase on the AC Delcos based on what people say, or jump up in price to the Odyssey I mentioned. Yes, I know people have lots of opinions... I am not going to buy Optimas.
I have a local supplier that I buy the AC-Delco batteries from for my customers who want them. I have not had a single complaint about the
AC-DELCO AGM batteries that I have put into my customers Cummins powered trucks. I think you will be satisfied with the purchase and you can't beat the price point compared to the Odyssey or Optima batteries.

OP
OP
O

OnTheTrails

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9L