Extended Warranty Discount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
I had Mopar Max care on my 2017 Ram 1500 and will absolutely get it again on my 2023 2500. I'm 99% certain I bought from Zeigler, I'll check out the link above before deciding. I went in the last month of my warranty to get a few things fixed before selling, remote start/remotes, wheel dings, a fuel level sensor, and something else, all taken care of for a single $100 deductible at 107,000 miles in the last month of my warranty. That one visit paid for almost all of my warranty and it was the third fuel level sensor I had replaced.
I kept hearing how low priced Zeigler was, to my surprise after shopping around Granger Motors in IA beat their price on an 8/100 maxicare plan on my 2022 2500 buy $365, so it pays to shop around. Oh the price on warranties are said to be going up around 5% on Jan 01 2024. Here is link to Granger Motors Mopar plans: https://www.buymoparwarranty.com/

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I kept hearing how low priced Zeigler was, to my surprise after shopping around Granger Motors in IA beat their price on an 8/100 maxicare plan on my 2022 2500 buy $365, so it pays to shop around. Oh the price on warranties are said to be going up around 5% on Jan 01 2024. Here is link to Granger Motors Mopar plans: https://www.buymoparwarranty.com/
I don't how anyone could beat their price when they are only charging $50 over their cost for the Maxcare plans. I ordered my truck there and bought my warranty there. Happy customer.

mplaramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Granger and Zeigler are the same price. With Zeigler, you need to put in the code "payinfull". That gets you a $360ish discount on the price shown when you check out.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
Granger and Zeigler are the same price. With Zeigler, you need to put in the code "payinfull". That gets you a $360ish discount on the price shown when you check out.
There are several places that will sell the policy at near cost. Whichever you go with you can't go wrong as it's the same ESP.

Zeigler does offer more options if you are going to finance the policy for 12 months (down payment options and discounts).

At the time I purchased I went with Zeigler as the others that I was considering was a single person at a dealership. With Zeigler I was dealing with a dealership so someone always answered the phone when I called...no e-mails or phone tag.

...Oh the price on warranties are said to be going up around 5% on Jan 01 2024.
They go up every year. There is also usually a spike around mid-year then subsides (mostly) by the end of summer so keep that in mind as well.

FCA is a for-profit business and factors how much they paid out the previous year for warranty work into future pricing. Basic warranty work gets added to purchase price (MSRP) and extended warranty work gets added to MaxCare price (ESP).

At least they can recoup some of their "losses" for policy work by adding to prices elsewhere and writing some off as marketing (come in for work, get your regular service work done too, and maybe buy another vehicle while you're stuck on the lot waiting for the work to be done).

3rd party policy companies I'm sure make money on investment income from policy sales but, based on a lot of comments I've seen, I reckon they rely heavily on policy purchase price and not paying to fix your vehicle.

Last edited:

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
My self do not like to play silly @ss games to get a discount that Granger Motors gave without having to play silly words games, but then some people seem to like playing word games, my self I do not...

brian42

Military
Reaction score
Some are willing to put in a little extra to get a discount.

I'm sure you paid MSRP for your 2022 BigHorn and were happy to do it. I put in a little time, played some silly word games, and paid $10K less than MSRP for my truck. A good (financial) return on my (time) investment IMO.

Businesses are happy to take as much additional profit as they can so make you put forth some effort to meet them in the middle. I am not young so don't view it as much of a sport as I used to. I don't go for every penny but if there's a chunk to be had for a reasonable time investment then I am more than willing to make that trade. YMMV

Just my .02

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Some are willing to put in a little extra to get a discount.

I'm sure you paid MSRP for your 2022 BigHorn and were happy to do it. I put in a little time, played some silly word games, and paid $10K less than MSRP for my truck.
I ordered my '22 from Granger, so no games or extra work required. 4% off invoice (saved me about $14k off MSRP) all day, every day.

I can play the normal dealership games too, but it sure is nice to have dealers around that don't make you do that.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
I agree. That's why I drove 120 miles to get mine. Dealt with internet sales, got the "best" quote right off the bat, drove in, and bought the truck.

It was a sport when I was younger but now my time is more valuable than it was when I was 25. I'm not interested in spending all day on the sales floor to see how far they can wear me down to maximize their profit.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat