Extended Warranty Discount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sailfishcc13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.1
Picking up a 2024 1500 and was interested in getting an extended warranty. Does anyone know of a dealer that is not charging a ridiculous amount of money? I know that there are dealers out there that will charge their dealer cost with a few hundred dollars tacked on. If you have any leads it would be appreciated.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
The dealers actually tack on thousands in the finance office...and it's usually a 3rd party policy.

I recommend a Mopar Extended Service Plan (ESP). They are attached to your VIN, every dealership is familiar with them, there's no hassle when getting work done, and they won't go out of business.

There are others that people will chime in with but I recommend starting with Zeigler: https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/

They are always near if not the lowest price for a Mopar ESP. They usually have discounts for paying in full (all at once) or financing (you can put a down payment then pay the rest off in 12 equal monthly payments).

I went with Zeigler for mine. I may have payed $50 or so more than the cheapest (which is negligible for the $3K policy I was buying) but there were a few reasons why I went with them:

1. I was talking to the dealership. Every time I called someone answered the phone and helped me. I didn't have to play phone tag with one person's voicemail.

2. They had flexible options for financing. I couldn't pay the lump sum up front and they had the most options for down payment (some only had one or two) for financing.

3. They usually have several discounts available for lump sum and financing. If you call them personally they sometimes shave off even more cost.

Like I said, there are others that many go with and are happy with. If you do some searches you will find a half dozen or so that are the most popular and you can decide from there. I was very happy with Zeigler - they made it a very easy experience from purchase to pro-rated refund when I sold my truck.

Just my .02

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sailfishcc13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.1
The dealers actually tack on thousands in the finance office...and it's usually a 3rd party policy.

I recommend a Mopar Extended Service Plan (ESP). They are attached to your VIN, every dealership is familiar with them, there's no hassle when getting work done, and they won't go out of business.

There are others that people will chime in with but I recommend starting with Zeigler: https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/

They are always near if not the lowest price for a Mopar ESP. They usually have discounts you for paying in full (all at once) or financing (you can put a down payment then pay the rest off in 12 equal monthly payments).

I went with Zeigler for mine. I may have payed $50 or so more than the cheapest (which is negligible for the $3K policy I was buying) but there were a few reasons why I went with them:

1. I was talking to the dealership. Every time I called someone answered the phone and helped me. I didn't have to play phone tag with one person's voicemail.

2. They had flexible options for financing. I couldn't pay the lump sum up front and they had the most options for down payment (some only had one or two) for financing.

3. They usually have several discounts available for lump sum and financing. If you call them personally they sometimes shave off even more cost.

Like I said, there are others that many go with and are happy with. If you do some searches you will find a half dozen or so that are the most popular and you can decide from there. I was very happy with Zeigler - they made it a very easy experience from purchase to pro-rated refund when I sold my truck.

Just my .02
Is ziegler a third party extended warranty?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is ziegler a third party extended warranty?

Ziegler sells genuine Mopar extended warranties.

You can buy a Mopar warranty from any Mopar dealer, it doesn't have to be the one you purchased your vehicle from, nor does it have to be purchased only at vehicle-purchase-time.

I bought Lifetime MaxCare from Zeigler about 1.5 years after buying my RAM at my nearest dealer here in Connecticut. Ive used the warranty once (fuel level sensor died at 5 years) without any issue at the same dealer.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
You can buy your ESP any time you want during the basic warranty period. The dealer will pressure you at time of purchase because that is a huge money-maker for them. It is easier to sell you on financing the ESP for < $100/month (for 60+ months) than to drop a couple thousand on you to write a check on the spot.

The only caveats are that there is a price bump at 12K miles and 24K miles if you wait to get the new vehicle MaxCare ESP. If you go past the basic warranty period then you are in used vehicle MaxCare ESP territory and, depending on what policy you want and what discounts are available, can be very costly compared to the new vehicle ESP.

People use "extended warranty" and "extended service plan" interchangeably. Realize that every plan/warranty sold outside of the basic warranty is an extended service plan...even Mopar's. It is not the bumper-to-bumper coverage that the basic warranty covers for the first 3 years/36K miles (whichever is first).

The ESP covers a lot of stuff, but not everything. 3rd party may be less expensive but the factory-direct Mopar MaxCare ESP is the least hassle and covers more in the fact that they won't fight as hard to not cover a repair.

IMO the Mopar ESP is more lenient as Stellantis will adjust the cost of the next model year's vehicles to offset the repair costs they have paid out for basic warranty and ESP work. 3rd parties rely solely on you paying them and them not paying to fix your vehicle.

Unfortunately the Lifetime MaxCare ESP is no longer available. It was a better deal on our side of the house and the bean counters finally put it to rest.

Last edited:

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Picking up a 2024 1500 and was interested in getting an extended warranty. Does anyone know of a dealer that is not charging a ridiculous amount of money? I know that there are dealers out there that will charge their dealer cost with a few hundred dollars tacked on. If you have any leads it would be appreciated.
All of the above is good advice. I also say do not buy third party, buy Mopar.

Do a search, here, other firums and Google. There are lots of discussions and extended warranty providers that discount the Mopar policies. Get the best quote and present it to your dealer, who will match it, if they won't, buy from your quote. It's not only a money maker for the dealer, they also get a big credit for the sale, so they will be anxious to match what you bring in.

I have a list of dealers that I use. If you want the list PM me, I've posted it before but there are people on this forum who will challenge my list so I quit posting it.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
All of my dealers balked at the price Zeigler was offering. They told me it wasn't real as it was hundreds (some over a thousand) less than their "rock bottom" price.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All of my dealers balked at the price Zeigler was offering. They told me it wasn't real as it was hundreds (some over a thousand) less than their "rock bottom" price.

After sitting through the 30 minute schpeel from the finance guy before actually taking possession of my truck, I vowed that they would not get the chance to price match (or even come close) to the MaxCare pricing I would get online.

IIRC they wanted something like 6K for MaxCare Lifetime, which was 2700 at Zeigler.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
OP
OP
S

sailfishcc13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.1
All of the above is good advice. I also say do not buy third party, buy Mopar.

Do a search, here, other firums and Google. There are lots of discussions and extended warranty providers that discount the Mopar policies. Get the best quote and present it to your dealer, who will match it, if they won't, buy from your quote. It's not only a money maker for the dealer, they also get a big credit for the sale, so they will be anxious to match what you bring in.

I have a list of dealers that I use. If you want the list PM me, I've posted it before but there are people on this forum who will challenge my list so I quit posting it.
Not sure if I PM'd you correctly but feel free to PM me the information. Thank you!

Buck59

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Granger Motors recently put together a new website to sell Mopar Warranties at $50 over cost, according to GM Zack Westrum. www.buymoparwarranty.com

Attachments

• 7F265C93-BC86-4936-AD0D-CA99A73B1CE8.jpeg
    7F265C93-BC86-4936-AD0D-CA99A73B1CE8.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 13
  • BFD31FAC-8C4B-4D8F-B81A-3D15C688C5EC.jpeg
    BFD31FAC-8C4B-4D8F-B81A-3D15C688C5EC.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 6974A309-CAE2-4CFD-BA3F-92A92E15014F.jpeg
    6974A309-CAE2-4CFD-BA3F-92A92E15014F.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 13

JoeRfromSC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7e
Tom Winkels

Finance Manager

Hayes Jeep

3718 Stadium Drive

Kalamazoo, Mi 49008

DIRECT-269-385-1116

TEL-269.488.2080

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Another reason to buy only a MOPAR Extended Warranty

The Mopar Extended Warranty is good at ALL Dodge Dealerships in the USA, Canada & Mexico.
If there is no dealership within a reasonable distance, you can call a number & request service at a local garage & i think RAM Headquarters, they have a list of acceptable garages.

3rd Party Extended Warranties, usually have several restrictions.
If the dealership is a part of a Multi-Dealership corporation, that have dealership in say a 3 State group of dealerships.
That Group may have an Extended Warranty that is only good at their group of dealers.
If your 4 or 5 States away, so sorry, your warranty does not cover that area

Kickboxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi-non-Etorque

You have a 3 year, 36,000 mile factory wty. and the turds bother you from the
start, that is BS.
Don't do it at all, just wait and decide how long you keep the vehicle.
It is just plain stupid to purchase an extended wty. right away, a very high commission product for the stealership.
You have plenty of options available later.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
The longer you wait the more you pay. There is a price bump at 12K miles and another one at 24K miles. Even though they overlap, a 7 year new vehicle ESP (effectively 4 years worth of coverage) is cheaper than a 4 year used vehicle ESP. Plus the new vehicle ESP has a lot more combinations of options (years, miles, and deductible) that you can purchase.

I put in a quote that would end at 7 years and around 85K miles. The 7 year new vehicle ESP was $1K cheaper than a 4 year used vehicle ESP.

For me it was about mileage. I was driving 20K+ miles a year when I bought my truck so my basic was going to run out in 1/2 the calendar time so my 7 year unlimited miles ESP picked up earlier that most. YMMV.

Last edited:

2wheelsor4

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had Mopar Max care on my 2017 Ram 1500 and will absolutely get it again on my 2023 2500. I'm 99% certain I bought from Zeigler, I'll check out the link above before deciding. I went in the last month of my warranty to get a few things fixed before selling, remote start/remotes, wheel dings, a fuel level sensor, and something else, all taken care of for a single $100 deductible at 107,000 miles in the last month of my warranty. That one visit paid for almost all of my warranty and it was the third fuel level sensor I had replaced.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
I had Mopar Max care on my 2017 Ram 1500 and will absolutely get it again on my 2023 2500. I'm 99% certain I bought from Zeigler, I'll check out the link above before deciding. I went in the last month of my warranty to get a few things fixed before selling, remote start/remotes, wheel dings, a fuel level sensor, and something else, all taken care of for a single $100 deductible at 107,000 miles in the last month of my warranty. That one visit paid for almost all of my warranty and it was the third fuel level sensor I had replaced.
If there is a remainder on the policy when you sell/trade your truck don't forget to get a pro-rated refund for the portion you did not use.

2wheelsor4

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Warranty expired in October, the dealership actually finished the work after the warranty was expired.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357