Extended Warranty. When to get it.??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lawman7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey all. I just got a new 75A Power Wagon and was wondering when should I buy the extended warranty? Should I do it now or wait till the regular one runs out?? Thanks for all and any help guys.. Jim..

Tinman454

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was told you have up to 20,00km NOT miles in Canada they do a check and your covered the price was the same at new or 1999k. total personal choice I think.

Rod Knock

Reaction score
Hey all. I just got a new 75A Power Wagon and was wondering when should I buy the extended warranty? Should I do it now or wait till the regular one runs out?? Thanks for all and any help guys.. Jim..
Didn't the finance guy/gal try to sneak one under your nose and past your signature?

OP
OP
L

lawman7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah but I didn't have the extra funds.

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Buy now if you want it. Did dealer offer a MOPAR Vehicle Protection Plan or some 3rd party plan? Pricing varies on the MOPAR protection plans and the newer the vehicle the better pricing and haggling leverage. Compare dealers' pricing to the several resellers, like Zeiglers. One used to be able pay a down payment and make interest-free payments for a specified time. Runs concurrently with your factory warranty, or after depending on timing.

I bought the Lifetime Max Care when it was available, but MOPAR discontinued Lifetime in 2018. Could bring it back, but at the present not available.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Buy now if you want it. Did dealer offer a MOPAR Vehicle Protection Plan or some 3rd party plan? Pricing varies on the MOPAR protection plans and the newer the vehicle the better pricing and haggling leverage. Compare dealers' pricing to the several resellers, like Zeiglers. One used to be able pay a down payment and make interest-free payments for a specified time. Runs concurrently with your factory warranty, or after depending on timing.

I bought the Lifetime Max Care when it was available, but MOPAR discontinued Lifetime in 2018. Could bring it back, but at the present not available.
DO U have a URL on Zieglers, my 3 years runs out in August.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its cheaper if you buy it in the first 12 mos/12K miles. After that the price goes up. The prices of a Mopar warranty has increased steeply over the last 3-4 years oh and Ziegler is your best bet. Don't forget the "PAYINFULL" discount code for an extra $365 off.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD

This right here. Get the longest miles/years you can, since the Lifetime MaxxCare is no longer offered.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its cheaper if you buy it in the first 12 mos/12K miles. After that the price goes up. The prices of a Mopar warranty has increased steeply over the last 3-4 years oh and Ziegler is your best bet. Don't forget the "PAYINFULL" discount code for an extra $365 off.
have U used the plans purchased under Ziegler at dealership? NE issues?

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
have U used the plans purchased under Ziegler at dealership? NE issues?
No I have not. I haven't had a warranty issue in many years. My 2017 Laramie never went back to the dealer for anything and I haven't had the new one long enough to have any problems. I have always heard good things about Zeigler AKA Chryslerfactoryplans.com.
They also sell Ford factory warranties so they're a pretty big outfit.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No I have not. I haven't had a warranty issue in many years. My 2017 Laramie never went back to the dealer for anything and I haven't had the new one long enough to have any problems. I have always heard good things about Zeigler AKA Chryslerfactoryplans.com.
They also sell Ford factory warranties so they're a pretty big outfit.
OK, Thanks suh.

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
TYVM sir. DO U personally use the plans and are there ne problems ref dealership? My dealership telling me Max care plan be like $3,600. THAT sounds like the $$$$ they get outta U when U buy vehicle.
I bought the Lifetime Max Care plan after I bought truck within about month or two. It was still pricey, but what the hell. it was 2200, with 20% down and balance in 18 mos. MOPAR dropped the lifetime plan in 2018. I haven't used yet, but I do have $100 deductible, and it gives dealer a lot of leeway to void the warranty in my opinion. Any aftermarket equipment or mods dealer can attribute to component failure would not be covered or possibly void the warranty. Something like running 37, or larger tires, on stock gears and the R&P or tranny grenaded.

Last edited:

FXDBGABE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just bought a 75th anniversary about a month ago and I am getting emails from [email protected]. They are offering 8 year/60k miles for 1,499. They also sent me a voucher for $800 off of the 8 year/ 125k pricing. I plan to call and purchase the 8 year/ 125k mile. Let me know if you want the phone number.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Ziegler & Mopar are the same extended warranty, word for word

Both cover you in Canada, USA, & Mexico at authorized garages

The difference is the price you pay for the plan

Ziegler is better priced

Aftermarket plans that some dealerships will try to sell you as a cheaper option, will not cover your vehicle from sea to shining sea,
It may not cover you past the Stateline

Always ask for a coverage map

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
That sounds about right. The price on mine didn't change from when I bought the truck to when I finally bought the plan about a year (and almost 20k miles) later.

blue ghost

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 sport
Engine
hemi 5.7
if you didn't buy when bought your vehicle from mopar, i had problems later that they said it was before warranty even after their wait period. I went with Car shield and have not had a problem.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
if you didn't buy when bought your vehicle from mopar, i had problems later that they said it was before warranty even after their wait period. I went with Car shield and have not had a problem.
Whoever sold you this Car Shield warranty wanted a kickback that they don't get from selling the Mopar plan. The Mopar plan is superior to pretty much any 3rd party extended warranty out there.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I bought the Lifetime Max Care plan after I bought truck within about month or two. It was still pricey, but what the hell. it was 2200, with 20% down and balance in 18 mos. MOPAR dropped the lifetime plan in 2018. I haven't used yet, but I do have $100 deductible, and it gives dealer a lot of leeway to void the warranty in my opinion. Any aftermarket equipment or mods dealer can attribute to component failure would not be covered or possibly void the warranty. Something like running 37, or larger tires, on stock gears and the R&P or tranny grenaded.
I also have been hesitant to do any serious modifications to my truck that could void the Maxxcare warranty, but honestly there isn't much I would really want to do to it anyway. I might go up in tire size some but I doubt I'd hit 37's, because I do tow and don't want to get a bigger drop hitch. That and, if anything happens, they fix it for $100. I am good with that.