Exterior temp way off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EVAN BEEGLE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone else have a temp gauge for the exterior temp that's really far off? Mine is usually 8-10 degrees off. I use the bank, my house exterior thermometer, wife's van and the weather Channel as a reference.

For example it's 86-87 currently and it shows 95. I know after sitting for a while it will be off but when moving at highway speeds it should just read ambient not reflective heat.

Anyone know where the sensor is?

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Anyone else have a temp gauge for the exterior temp that's really far off? Mine is usually 8-10 degrees off. I use the bank, my house exterior thermometer, wife's van and the weather Channel as a reference.

For example it's 86-87 currently and it shows 95. I know after sitting for a while it will be off but when moving at highway speeds it should just read ambient not reflective heat.

Anyone know where the sensor is?

It use to be on the bottom of the drivers side mirror. I haven’t check my 19 yet.

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
I have seen the same issue. But I am currently in a loaner so I don’t care as much but as soon as I get back in my truck I am going to keep an eye on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
E

EVAN BEEGLE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I thought maybe being a darker colored vehicle it might reflect more but my wife's 17 Pacifica is granite crystal metallic and she can be driving in front of me and have completely different temp

Not a deal breaker but an oddity

OP
OP
E

EVAN BEEGLE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thank you, I'll check for anything that might cause an issue before taking it in. Have to have them check what's rattling in the ac vent (sounds like plastic that wasn't removed in one vent on high) , get my state inspection since I bought it in another state) And my driver's side mirror automatic tilt (when going in reverse doesn't alway go back to it's normal position when back in drive

tdwilli1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ED 3.0
Mine was way off for about the first 2-3k also. Took it on a road trip and by the time I got back with over 4k on it the temp was almost on a par with other readings.

OP
OP
E

EVAN BEEGLE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Found a piece of plastic ,I'm assuming from the factory over the lense/sensor while washing it this evening .We'll see if it helps in the morning

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn