Ez lynk vs Efi live and delete process

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

18 Longhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I know deleting is a touchy subject in online forums but I’ve even wanting to have some guidance on this. So far I’ve seen ex lynk and efi live being used in many Cummins and have heard good things about both but I would like to know your experience and what is better in your opinion or is there an even better option. I am not looking to make crazy hp just maybe a little more with keeping the stock trans safe I am mostly looking for the sound. Also is deleting something that could be done on your own and not extremely hard I know some people do it on their on but again I would like your opinions and experience.

Gone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have both efi live and hptuners i loved efi live more than hptuners back when it was V7 before they upgraded the software to V8 loved the simplicity now its different.. i use hptuners now. nothing else on the market compares to hptuners these days.

Dennis Shellito

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins IBS
I run EZlynk tune, but that is just how the tune is brought into my truck's system. I could have opted for either and would have been satisfied with either. Here is what you need to know, how a tune is loaded into the truck isn't nearly as important as the quality of the tune. There have been some really lousy tunes being sold and installed that have caused a lot of headache and heartache. A tune is only as good as the writer of said tune, and a bad tune or a good tune can be loaded via EZlynk or EFI. I don't know who is doing any tuning now, but I would advise you to find somebody that gets you a good tune, and if you do, also have the transmission tuning.

OP
OP

18 Longhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yes the transmission tuning would be a must. It’s hard to find someone that is said to be a good tuner because of regulations word isn’t spread very much makes it more difficult to find a good place to make the tunes. I think I have seen one shop online before that gets a good rep about their tunes.