Factory Remote Start FOB issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sean12t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
I have a 2015 1500 with factory remote start. The remote start button has slowly stopped working over the last several months. I can sometimes get the truck to start if I push the start button rapidly over and over again until it beeps and the lights flash twice. That trick is working less and less these days. I found that if I remove the board from the fob entirely and press the start button twice, the truck starts normally. Unfortunately, there are no contacts to clean on the board so I don't know what to do. The battery is brand new and the FOB controls the locks as designed.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I have a 2015 1500 with factory remote start. The remote start button has slowly stopped working over the last several months. I can sometimes get the truck to start if I push the start button rapidly over and over again until it beeps and the lights flash twice. That trick is working less and less these days. I found that if I remove the board from the fob entirely and press the start button twice, the truck starts normally. Unfortunately, there are no contacts to clean on the board so I don't know what to do. The battery is brand new and the FOB controls the locks as designed.

Any suggestions?

Hi @sean12t - We certainly understand why this would be concerning! If you're not able to determine a solution based on suggestions from fellow forum members and you decide to address this with your dealer, please let us know via private message. We would be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Mark
RamCares

Attila Kun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Did you ever figure out a fix? My 2015 2500 has the same issue and it's really annoying.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Did you ever figure out a fix? My 2015 2500 has the same issue and it's really annoying.

Hi @Attila Kun - If you're not able to determine a solution based on suggestions from fellow forum members and you decide to address this with your dealer, please let us know via private message. We would be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Mark
RamCares