Fahren LED's... love em.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hello @likes2build,

We understand if you wish to continue troubleshooting in this thread, but if you would like additional support or assistance regarding your flickering concern please feel free to send our team a private message!

Hannah
Ram Cares

Thank you Hannah issue resolved

Last edited:

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
How did you resolve ? I am having the same issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used Alfa to increase the voltage, I'll check tomorrow and see what exactly I increased it to but I know it's well over 9. something.

Milspec

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installing mine now, the low beam Fahren bulb will not lock in and is loose. It’s a 17 sport with the projectors, both high and low are 9005. High beam went in with no problem. See the little humps on the stock bulb housing, it seems those three little humps are what locks in. Any guidance?

ZFJfJQ.jpg

PolarisCobra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
If you look closely those three tabs are not all the same size, one is bigger (or the other two are smaller???). You should find that the slots in the housing for the tabs are not all the same size.

Milspec

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you look closely those three tabs are not all the same size, one is bigger (or the other two are smaller???). You should find that the slots in the housing for the tabs are not all the same size.

Yep, two large fins and one small. I went back to my USMC knowledge and fixed it with a little duct tape, just wrapped a tiny thread of tape around the two large fins and it fit.

plante2017

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just ordered a HI/LO set for a 2017 2500.

1) What is the purpose of the decoder box that is part of the kit?
2) will the alfaobd app eliminate the need for the decoder box? It is my understanding the alfaobd is to tell the vehicle the lights are led to prevent the vehicle from believing the light is burned out.
3) With the alfaobd will the vehicle canbus adjust the voltage to the lights?

I've been researching and haven't found specific answers.

Thanks gang!

paul howard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Fahren bulbs are absolutely 100% true plug and play on the 19 Classic.
I have them in my lows/highs of my 19 Classic. I just ordered them for my fogs too.
just make sure you clock the adjustable bulbs to 9&3 position to get the best outputWhich Fahren would br correct for the 2016 1500 Sport?

I have a 2016 Sport. Which Fahren HI/LO is recommended and does my model year require the Canbus gizmo?

TIA,

Gregdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the reflectors so I needed H11 for lows, 9005 for highs, 9006 for fogs.
the Sports have projector style lights and I can’t remember what bulb size the lows are but I “THINK” the highs and fogs are the same as mine

19warlock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My low beams do not look near as good as yours... It is just not as crisp of a pattern. I have them both turned to 9 and 3. Yours seem to be possibly aimed a little higher than mine.
just ordered a set of low beams for my 19 warlock with projectors, can you explain the "9 and 3" comment as to how the headlights are turned?

FullForceRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi 2WD Quad Cab
I haven't been able to find any documentation on analysis on the Fehren's and their longevity, but I too installed these on my 14' for both the Low beam and fog lights and they do work well. I'm curious to see how well these brighter/whiter lights work when it begins to rain or in foggy conditions...

czervika

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

akvanden

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Laramie 1500 4WD
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just order the Fahren H11 lows for my 15 express, says it’s canbus ready, will I need anything else? Thanks

zeddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Would I need a resistor for my 17 with quads? Any bulb error messages?

Gregdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just order the Fahren H11 lows for my 15 express, says it’s canbus ready, will I need anything else? Thanks
The ‘15 model year is picky so I’m not sure. I needed extra resistors for my 15 with projectors but I didn’t have Fahrens in that truck. My 19 with quads didn’t need any extra resistors with the Fahrens.

akvanden

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Laramie 1500 4WD
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The ‘15 model year is picky so I’m not sure. I needed extra resistors for my 15 with projectors but I didn’t have Fahrens in that truck. My 19 with quads didn’t need any extra resistors with the Fahrens.
Would you have a link to the resistors I would need, if issues arise? Thanks.

Granite Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
just ordered a set of low beams for my 19 warlock with projectors, can you explain the "9 and 3" comment as to how the headlights are turned?
How was the light output with these in your projectors?