Failure to yield and now new 21 Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
Well reacting is a timed event. Our computers give up plenty of info, including speed. I beat a speeding ticket only because Google had recorded my speed and the speed limit, direction of travel, where I was going since I input it in so it helped me win the case, he said I was over 20mph in a 75 mile zone, which is a felony. Sure I could go that fast, but I'm real old, 70. I'm past fast now.
Don't bet on that. My step-father is about 70 and drives faster than my kids...lol

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Well reacting is a timed event. Our computers give up plenty of info, including speed..

That's a fact. Safety 'experts' will also tell you all accidents are preventable.

The problem with black box data is, insurance companies won't go through the resources it takes to access and process that type of data unless they absolutely have to.

I guess the nice thing about dash cams is, you'll always have footage at your finger tips if you need it.

smithwessn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Glad everyone was OK. Did the car hit the jeep that was stopped at the intersection? I bet the driver needed clean underwear either way.

rvance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pent 3.6
I had a woman in a mini van run a red light. I had a dash cam, but after I got hit by all the air bags I forgot to stop it and it recorded over the wreck. I have a better one now.

Attachments

• 28626-5e4be0a52e7c80f1f08c35fb6d3bdd4e.jpg
    28626-5e4be0a52e7c80f1f08c35fb6d3bdd4e.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

x1sspic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Accolades for the video not documenting any expletives! Up to the point that the video ends, certainly looks like a calm collected response to the hit. Have recently installed forward and rear facing cameras (Garmin) in my ‘15. If that was my video, I’m not entirely sure that there wouldn’t have been some colorful language recorded

extreme_jon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I'm now a member of the 5th Gen club due a driver failing to yield (no injuries). I had a 17 Limited with only 45k miles on it. Insurance settlement was $3k less than I bought it for in 2017. So I can't complain to much I guess (all things considered). Also, everyone get a dash camera! Removed any he said/she said/etc. No injuries
Glad nobody was hurt.

I can’t stress enough how much value a dash camera brings to the table and highly recommend everyone get one installed for their own security.

I use a BlackVue which records high def forward and rear. When parked it also records any motion and connects to my phone via wifi. It’s the best I’ve been able to find so far but always looking for better alternatives.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Glad nobody was hurt.

I can’t stress enough how much value a dash camera brings to the table and highly recommend everyone get one installed for their own security.

I use a BlackVue which records high def forward and rear. When parked it also records any motion and connects to my phone via wifi. It’s the best I’ve been able to find so far but always looking for better alternatives.
At the risk of hijacking this thread (but still relative) I just bought a BlackVue for my 2021 and am installing it today. I'm a little on the fence about where to mount the front camera though. Do you have any tips on installing it? Where did you mount your front cam?

Rodney Belair

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I looked at a 2021 today, found the interior on a $50000 truck very cheap, think I will keep my 17 for awhile longer

Calicajun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
Glad you are alright, as for dash cams I wouldn't be without one in my vehicles. I have the type the records both forward and backward at the same time. The backward facing cam saved me in a tail end accident with a 15 years old in a stolen car. Insurance company was trying to say the kid was not the driver of the car. The video told a different story.

Jim113

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad everyone is OK ... I bought a new 2020 Longhorn 5'th Gen last year and took my dash cam out of my trade in ... You just reminded me to get around to installing it in my new truck ... THANKS

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
Well this was tonight when I was driving my wifes 2017 Subaru Crosstrek. Nice sized buck almost hit the side of our car. No idea how it didn't hit us.
Dash cam is a Garmin we bought about 2 or 3 years ago for about $150 at Best Buy