Fiberglass Hood??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nealuss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
Has anyone here used a fiberglass hood on their 2nd gen? I'm typically skeptical of using them without hood pins but I really want a Challenger style hood for my truck. I don't want to use hood pins because they will sit too far back and inward on the hood and look silly. I'm also wondering how the factory spring hinges will do with a lightweight hood. Anyone have any experience they can share?

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've seen the hood pins on those hoods and they look good to me. Actually been mulling the idea of adding them to mine, but I'm old school and remember when all the muscle cars had them.
They were also the inspiration to putting them on my Jeep too.
IMG_1266.JPG

OP
OP
N

Nealuss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
Thanks for the replies. I've done some looking and measuring and I'm thinking flush mount hood pins might not look too bad. What about the hinges, though? I'm worried the factory spring hinges might be too much for the fiberglass hood. Has anyone tried removing the springs or even converting it to struts?

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I always ran the stock hood hinges on my Mustangs with no issues ever. I am using the stock shocks on my fiberglass hood with no issues at all. You will be fine.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963