Finally got my Rebel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CanRebel

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I didn't think I would like the interior color with outside. But I do.
Truck is really nice in side, compared to F150.

One thing I miss, is the foot rest. I need to make something for that.

Truck is new. But driver door seems to have issue. Need to really slam it, otherwise it keeps showing it's open.
Other doors are fine.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice truck. Congrats.
I'm digging the interior.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Congrats on the beautiful truck! Excellent choice on the trim level and color (I might be a little biased).

OP
OP
CanRebel

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The side steps look good and I think match. Good for my wife and kids(they are small).
But no so great when driving in sand or mud. Had 30-40 extra pounds of sand/dirt on top of them :)

Off-road pages were interesting for about 5mins, but since you can't really adjust thing. doubt I'll ever look at it again.

My kids really like the truck lifting up and down. Like playing with empty box , better than what is inside.

Seen others mentioning about sound system. harman/kardon volume issues and didn't sound great. Looks like they fix that.
It gets loud quickly even with SiriusXM. The 'equalizer' settings are rather poor though. Got remind one self, it's still truck:)

Do with mirrors would fold though. I got trailer mirrors. my wife and I have bet, who will knock them off first :)

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Congrats! They look so good!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Beautiful ride!

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice color...congrats and welcome to the Rebel clan.

Crawgator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Gorgeous truck. 2017 Rebel here. 82k trouble free miles until the air suspension crapped out. At the dealership now. Luckily still under warranty. Enjoy, they are fun to drive!

OP
OP
CanRebel

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Gorgeous truck. 2017 Rebel here. 82k trouble free miles until the air suspension crapped out. At the dealership now. Luckily still under warranty. Enjoy, they are fun to drive!
what happened to yours? was it weather related?
I haven't had any issues yet, but cold weather is just starting.

My Truck has enter/exit, aero, normal, and off-road. Your truck has more modes?

Crawgator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
what happened to yours? was it weather related?
I haven't had any issues yet, but cold weather is just starting.

My Truck has enter/exit, aero, normal, and off-road. Your truck has more modes?

Bot weather related. I was driving on interstate and got “service air suspension” . The suspension went all the way down assuming entry/exit mode. Pretty much riding on bump stops. About beat me death. Brought it to dealers last Thursday and got it back it back today. It was a control module. Same modes as yours. It seems like it sits a little higher in normal and off road modes.

OP
OP
CanRebel

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Bot weather related. I was driving on interstate and got “service air suspension” . The suspension went all the way down assuming entry/exit mode. Pretty much riding on bump stops. About beat me death. Brought it to dealers last Thursday and got it back it back today. It was a control module. Same modes as yours. It seems like it sits a little higher in normal and off road modes.
Guess it's good that issue is known and going to be fixed.
Wonder why the module had an issue, as after working for time period.
Just in general terms. Usually if something like module works, it should technically keep working, unless something causes it break. Over heating, etc...

When I was ordering my truck, what happened to you, had me thinking if I really wanted to get air suspension.

Crawgator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I’ve got 80k miles on it and its been flawless. I’ve had the bed full of fire wood pulling a trailer loaded down, no issues. Also pull a 22.5’ bay boat. The only thing I can think of was I loaded 10 2x6x10’ treated wood the night before and my driveway has a pretty good slant to it and it was maybe trying to adjust the suspension to level it. I was on the road about 1 1/2 hrs when it crapped out. Next time it sits with a load for a period of time, I’ll put in “jack mode”. Now I did not tell the dealership about that.

OP
OP
CanRebel

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I’ve got 80k miles on it and its been flawless. I’ve had the bed full of fire wood pulling a trailer loaded down, no issues. Also pull a 22.5’ bay boat. The only thing I can think of was I loaded 10 2x6x10’ treated wood the night before and my driveway has a pretty good slant to it and it was maybe trying to adjust the suspension to level it. I was on the road about 1 1/2 hrs when it crapped out. Next time it sits with a load for a period of time, I’ll put in “jack mode”. Now I did not tell the dealership about that.
Ah. That's not too bad.
Sucky to break while driving though.

I've towed 10k trailer few times with mine. It did really well without any issues.
I also off-road a lot with my truck, surprised I haven't broken it yet.