Finally went 6", anyone willing to lend a tire reprogrammer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadGumby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally got the lift on, it is literally undriveable so it's at the alignment shop now. On the way over I realized just how off the shift points are and I'm only running 35's. Is anyone willing to lend me a programmer so I can get the points set? I'd rather save the $200 and get a decent tune in the future. Here's a little teaser, I'll update as I finish it up.

IMG_7200.jpeg

Krein

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Finally got the lift on, it is literally undriveable so it's at the alignment shop now. On the way over I realized just how off the shift points are and I'm only running 35's. Is anyone willing to lend me a programmer so I can get the points set? I'd rather save the $200 and get a decent tune in the future. Here's a little teaser, I'll update as I finish it up.

View attachment 143893

Don't have a programmer but beautiful rig

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
Tuner generally only work on the truck it's programmed too and the cheaper $200 Speedo calibrators only work on one truck and then they are done

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats, you go with Zone or BDS?

As said the tire calibrators are married to the vehicle

OP
OP
M

MadGumby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ah you’re kidding me. I had no idea they were married to the rig for something like wheel size. Jeeps are completely different. Well I’ll guess I’ll have to add that to the shopping list then.

That is if they are able to get the thing aligned. I’m telling you, it was undriveable.

I went with the Zone and I’m really please with the way it turned out. Bils in all four corners

Reactions: JB1
OP
OP
M

MadGumby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
About 60mi north of Pittsburgh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, when you get your tumer, it will also do the recalibration for you. In the meantime, you'll be putting less miles on the EVIC vs. actual miles driven!

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
About 60mi north of Pittsburgh

Ok not close to me. I would offer to meet up and take you for a ride. You would buy a tuner on the spot. I had the opportunity to buy a used one to recalibrate the tires and turn off the MDS. Once I got it I loaded a canned tune and started reading what everyone was doing. I read 4 posts in a row that said I wish I would have ordered the hemifever tune earlier so I ordered the hemifever tune and agree with them 100%
You will not be disappointed. Your 2016 will need an unlocked PCM
https://www.hemifevertuning.com/category-s/98.htm

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Ah you’re kidding me. I had no idea they were married to the rig for something like wheel size. Jeeps are completely different. Well I’ll guess I’ll have to add that to the shopping list then.

That is if they are able to get the thing aligned. I’m telling you, it was undriveable.

I went with the Zone and I’m really please with the way it turned out. Bils in all four corners
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/zone-6-lift-track-panhard-bar-re-location-bracket.126245/
Read this thread if you opted for the 5" rear coils the instructions zone provides do not mention anything about the top hole

OP
OP
M

MadGumby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/zone-6-lift-track-panhard-bar-re-location-bracket.126245/
Read this thread if you opted for the 5" rear coils the instructions zone provides do not mention anything about the top hole

Thank you. I just got a call from the alignment shop. I guess the shop that installed it did something with the tie rod ends. I was driving and didn’t understand what he meant but he said he needs the factory ends because he thinks they replaced the uppers when they should have only replaced the lowers? Something about 4 degrees of toe out and he can’t adjust it as is. I’m, needless to say, not happy

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Thank you. I just got a call from the alignment shop. I guess the shop that installed it did something with the tie rod ends. I was driving and didn’t understand what he meant but he said he needs the factory ends because he thinks they replaced the uppers when they should have only replaced the lowers? Something about 4 degrees of toe out and he can’t adjust it as is. I’m, needless to say, not happy

The zone tie rod ends require the installer to cut off 5/8" off the inner tie rod

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
its possible they didn't cut the inner tie rod and installed the zone outer tie rod and whacked out your geometry. My zone lift aligned with no issues

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
@MadGumby
New tie rod ends will require the
trimming of the male tie rod end.
Thread the new tie rod ends completely
down once installed. Secure
the jam nut. 2016-2017 models
have may reuse the facotry jam nut

Remove the factory tie rod ends. Trim 5/8" from the end of the male thread on

the tie rod end. Clean up the cut edge with a flap wheel.

http://4x4media.info/instructions/zon/D2612.pdf

On page 16

OP
OP
M

MadGumby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You guys are incredible. That was the issue. This shop figured that out just before I read this so they were on it. Now we’re back in business. Picking it up this evening.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I highly recommend reading the instructions and doing a once over when you get your truck back just to make sure everything is where its supposed to be and bolts are tight. Being that the installer should snug bolts and torque when the truck is on the ground sometimes they get missed

OP
OP
M

MadGumby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I am now going to go over everything. I had planned on checking bolts but now I’m definitely going to go through the instructions and also take a look at the rear relocation bracket you posted. I do appreciate all the input

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
No problem, your truck looks great

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

What Jeeps ? Any programmer for JK's will be married to the JK vin number. With HPTuners it'll be $100 just to license your VIN, assuming the tuner doesn't have the unlimited licenses for your year model. I know for me to do your truck it'll be $100 just to license your truck to my VCM editor, from there i could change your tire size, your FAN settings and anything else in the PCM/TCM calbration i wanted.