First Oil Change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Well I did not think the engineers at FCA could have made the oil change any more fun than the 4th gen, but they managed to do just that wooohooo! Now not only is the oil filter completely blocked there is a cross member right in front of the oil drain plug!

I would rather slam my **** in a door then change the oil in this truck.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I did not think the engineers at FCA could have made the oil change any more fun than the 4th gen, but they managed to do just that wooohooo! Now not only is the oil filter completely blocked there is a cross member right in front of the oil drain plug!

I would rather slam my **** in a door then change the oil in this truck.

Be sure and have plenty of Ibuprofin ready when the door thing happens! Back in the very early 70's my firs real job out of high school was as a machinist in an oil field company machine shop. We had a machinist who would shut the drawer under his workbench with the pelvic thrust method... until he got mr winky caught in the closed drawer! He spent a day in the hospital til he stopped peeing blood. By the sounds of his screams, I bet he'd love to change your oil and filter instead.

Marley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Plus you gotta remember they Torque that filter about a 100 ft lbs so watch your tongue.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Be sure and have plenty of Ibuprofin ready when the door thing happens! Back in the very early 70's my firs real job out of high school was as a machinist in an oil field company machine shop. We had a machinist who would shut the drawer under his workbench with the pelvic thrust method... until he got mr winky caught in the closed drawer! He spent a day in the hospital til he stopped peeing blood. By the sounds of his screams, I bet he'd love to change your oil and filter instead.
Seeing as we are bringing up heavy duty mech mishaps, a friend of mine was once standing one footed on some kind of tall tripod jack that had a ball on top as he tells it, while under the hood of a tractor. There was oil on the ball and yep, he slipped and fell straight down onto his ***** bone. He was also my tae kwon do instructor at the time so I saw him in the change room one day shortly after. Black & blue from his upper thighs to his chest. That was 35 yrs ago. It still makes my testicles retreat thinking how much that had to hurt!!!!

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Seeing as we are bringing up heavy duty mech mishaps, a friend of mine was once standing one footed on some kind of tall tripod jack that had a ball on top as he tells it, while under the hood of a tractor. There was oil on the ball and yep, he slipped and fell straight down onto his ***** bone. He was also my tae kwon do instructor at the time so I saw him in the change room one day shortly after. Black & blue from his upper thighs to his chest. That was 35 yrs ago. It still makes my testicles retreat thinking how much that had to hurt!!!!

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

OUCH!

OP
OP
Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
Plus you gotta remember they Torque that filter about a 100 ft lbs so watch your tongue.

You are not kidding. I had to about destroy the filter to get it off.

OP
OP
Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
ANNNNNND,

Make sure you have the dipstick with the letters facing so you can read them. I put it in upside down and it got stuck. I got it out but dang.

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ANNNNNND,

Make sure you have the dipstick with the letters facing so you can read them. I put it in upside down and it got stuck. I got it out but dang.

Be sure and do incantations to the automotive engineering Gods! That'll help!

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On Ferds you have to have the hash marks towards the engine, so ours is the opposite I think because it has a rivet on it prob gets caught, like the door!!!

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
ANNNNNND,

Haven't heard that one. I can't tell you if I've always put the dipstick back in the same way it came out.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
luckily mine came with some free oil changes at the dealer and I still have a couple left.

Slotback

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
luckily mine came with some free oil changes at the dealer and I still have a couple left.

Yeah, after seeing this thread, I think I'll just pay to have it done. I have enough adventures already.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Another good way to keep you coming in for service I guess.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
oil filter relocate kit, nuff said...