first time on forum, weird issue 'I think'

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flint60

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 BigHorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2019 ram 1500 5th generation new body style. On Sunday morning I noticed that when I got in the truck all the power to the truck went out for like 2 seconds and came right back on and not a problem until I went to work Monday night and I had NO power at all like my battery was dead but wasn't. Came home the nest day still dead battery was fine couldn't find anything wrong. later that day a mechanic friend of mine was coming over and as usual a hour before he got here I had power and have ever since no problem. He said maybe a anti theft but figured I would ask. Any ideas? thx

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Welcome to RamForum, I moved this thread into the 5th Gen forum for more visibility.

R242

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like antitheft though I didn't know Rams had that, my old Ranger would kill power because it didn't detect the transponder in the key, maybe start there and get a new key programmed at the dealer.

Jeff Strader

BlackBeauty
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wife's 2019 RAM 1500 4wd Bighorn did the same thing once. Hasn't done it since. Dealership could not get it to reproduce what happened with us. Everything electronic shut off then came back on about 3-4 seconds later. It's obviously an issue with the ECM/BCM.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Loose battery cable on the battery??? I had an old S10 that would work fine for days, weeks.... and then randomly be dead, no power. It was the cable connector on the battery that was loose.