First tow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jackham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Well I have 4200 miles on so I hooked up my 12 foot tandem cargo trailer, v nose, loaded up the Dakar and a variety of things and headed to work. 250 miles of Montana mountain Interstate and two lane. First impressions as compared to my 2011 Ford F 150 heavy duty half ton with 3.73 and ecoboost.

I was completely surprised how much better my Laramie Longhorn with Hem/3.92 and air suspension handled the trailer. Much quieter of course. Smoother all around. I did put it in Trailer Haul mode. At 80 mph with a bit of a head wind and multiple passes I did not expect much in regards to mpg but in this setting my Ford got 7-8 mpg where the hemi clocked a solid 11-12. This new truck of mine outperforms my 2003 2500 easily. Its good to see we are making progress. I couldn't really tell the trailer was back there either. Very pleased.

Oh, and hooking up, what a breeze with the camera.

OP
OP
J

jackham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
2019 1500 Ram Laramie Longhorn 3.92 air suspension 4X4 Black With Black/saddle brown Hemi.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i thought this thread was going to be about the first time you needed your Ram towed! I thought, I wouldn't be bragging that up! :banana-mario::biggun:

martinbrown2302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.5l
On Internet you can find a details about the towing capabilities, there are some specified website who just guide about towing details, they have a Faq pages where you can get frequent answers and you can also check the manual guide book which is avail on official website, One more thing you can which is my fav whenever i need a info about towing i just go to provider of towing services near me and ask them about it they guide me very well.