Fit System snap-on tow mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
I used something similar on a 1500 Silverado. Not bad, but not good either. Not much visibility out of the right mirror at all. Pretty much useless. Those clip on tow mirrors don't extend out far enough to see what is behind your trailer. One of the many reasons I upgraded to a 2500 series with oem tow mirrors, which work great. Maybe you'll feel differently? They are better than not using tow mirrors at all that's for sure

Last edited:

muzupan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram1500 Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used something like that on my Ram 1500 when I was pulling my 33 foot trailer. They worked ok. The only problem I had, as mentioned, was vibration, mine were the strap on and not the slide on.

BinaryData

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh man. I scored good with this post, thanks OP, I'd been looking for something like this. Ordering this later this week.

OP
OP
tbaker65

tbaker65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Mitag3

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Like others said, they work decent. I used them on my 1500 quad cab pulling an 18' camper and I had reasonable visibility. If I stuck near that size and wasn't going to tow much I would have kept them instead of upgrading mirrors. Vibration was okay on most midwestern roads, probably depends on your area.

OP
OP
tbaker65

tbaker65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. I ordered a pair. I have a short TT so maybe this inexpensive option will work for me.

billyw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had similar extenders on my old F150. There was vibration, but I think it was due to the oem mirrors. One problem with these ones is that the mirror is small and not convex, meaning you have to have them aimed just perfect. I glued some big convex mirrors on my old slip-ons and they worked GREAT. Maybe not the prettiest though. I'm currently using the rubber strap variety. Zero vibration and the mirror is big enough to be useful. I'm still entertaining good after market flip ups.

pilgrim6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
On a previous truck ( non-Ram), I used clip-on mirrors, but then I added a camera on the back of the camper, wired to the running lights, and then to the display for the back-up camera on the truck. Worked like a charm. I could easily see anything that was behind me. The clip-on mirrors probably kept me "legal", but the camera was what I really used.

OP
OP
tbaker65

tbaker65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On a previous truck ( non-Ram), I used clip-on mirrors, but then I added a camera on the back of the camper, wired to the running lights, and then to the display for the back-up camera on the truck. Worked like a charm. I could easily see anything that was behind me. The clip-on mirrors probably kept me "legal", but the camera was what I really used.
Yeah, I thought about a camera too pilgrim, and still am. But, as with anything, dropping a couple or few hundred bucks for something that maybe isn't "necessary" or I can do without, is something I'm not rushing out to do. But, I haven't ruled it out yet either and if I figure it'll make life that much better and I can justify the cost/benefit, I'll surely look into it more.

Thanks for the input...

Kev12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have these on my 2500 and they work very well. Have no problem seeing to change lanes with our 5th wheel

pilgrim6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah, I thought about a camera too pilgrim, and still am. But, as with anything, dropping a couple or few hundred bucks for something that maybe isn't "necessary" or I can do without, is something I'm not rushing out to do. But, I haven't ruled it out yet either and if I figure it'll make life that much better and I can justify the cost/benefit, I'll surely look into it more.

Thanks for the input...
My pockets aren't that deep.either. No way I'd spend a couple hundred $ for a camera and stuff. I got mine off Amazon.com--some off-shore vendor, no doubt. I can't recall exactly but I think I got the Backup camera and its video screen and a second camera for the camper for way less than $100--might have been less than $50.

Ox1500Sport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a set; and, on my painted mirrors, they've damaged the mirror housing slightly at the pressure points. I'm currently looking for something different. Can't say I had any issues with vibrations though.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
I have the ones mentioned in OP. They're ok. Vibration issues, yes. The one thing I wish they had was convex mirrors. The flat mirrors leave a lot to be desired in terms of visibility. Plus they damage your mirror housing when installing and removing.

BinaryData

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought these mirrors a few months ago, and I love them. Sadly, they are quite easy to steal. I was at the gas station, filling up my truck, and my reserve tank (5 gallon - OH SH** Can) and My brother caught someone trying to steal my ****** mirrors. They had one in their hands, and was attempting to take the second one off, when he woke up and confronted them.

These mirrors are great, however I'm thinking of doing the mod to get the oem hauling mirrors. Just not sure if I want to do that kind of upgrade for my mom, with the amount of sh** she's whacked with mine already.