Foggy Headlight cleaning hack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Pictures don't do'em justice. Time will tell on the anti-bug juice.
I agree,time will be the telling factor.I'm well past the point of spending any money on this car,i hated even spending money on it's oil change.When it dies it'll go to the Kidney Foundation for the tax credit,lol. I paid $175.00 for it 8 years ago,with the idea if it lasted 1 winter i'd be ahead of the game,8 winters later it's still running.Old beaters never die applies to this thing,lol.The little supercharged 3.8 in it starts at -30 unplugged,and actually still surprise a few things on the road,lol

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Figured it was the 3800 special. Forgot about the Supercharged part. The trans may go before the engine ever does. At this point I'd consider it a challenge to see how long it lasts. Love beaters. Like my Taco just jump in it and go. Unlike my RAM where I clap my feet before getting in. :)

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Figured it was the 3800 special. Forgot about the Supercharged part. The trans may go before the engine ever does. At this point I'd consider it a challenge to see how long it lasts. Love beaters. Like my Taco just jump in it and go. Unlike my RAM where I clap my feet before getting in. :)
The transmission is definitely the weak link behind the boosted 3.8's,this one is getting tired,as it doesn't like full throttle off the hop in 1st gear,the sprag i'm guessing is missing a couple teeth,lol.Once it's at the top end of 1st it's good though,it still pulls pretty hard when it downshifts on the highway yet.The A/C in it is still better then any of my late model Mopar products ,it'll freeze you out on a hot summer day,on the couple of days i do fire it up during the summer

mb33458

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 etorque
I have an 08 Nissan Altima that I would sand and buff regularly. I finally just bought new headlight covers off Amazon for $160, and replaced the old covers. Took about 2 hours to complete (also replaced the windshield wash pump) and was pretty easy to do. No more buffing/sanding.

js12278

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Best results for me came from sanding and finishing with Meguiar’s headlight UV spray. Excellent results.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Mine are all good, a car I picked up for the granddaughter from a lady has bad lights, I gave her my kit I had bought and never used.
I will have to check if she did it yet, and tell her about the Off sounds strange .

I have often wondered about real bad ones, if you had them out and new ones on standby if you FU, scrape or sand smooth, and hit them with a good spreader tip on a torch and get them almost fluid with a quick pass.
I have done it with sheet plastics , Plexiglas and Lucite, smoothing cut edges.
The edge will be clear
there a fine point where you don't want to pass.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I agree,time will be the telling factor.I'm well past the point of spending any money on this car,i hated even spending money on it's oil change.When it dies it'll go to the Kidney Foundation for the tax credit,lol. I paid $175.00 for it 8 years ago,with the idea if it lasted 1 winter i'd be ahead of the game,8 winters later it's still running.Old beaters never die applies to this thing,lol.The little supercharged 3.8 in it starts at -30 unplugged,and actually still surprise a few things on the road,lol

You likely don't care and/or already know this. But deet is melting the plastic, and removing the UV protection.
It's going to make it worse and will likely crack.

If you spent $10-$20 got clear coat with UV after doing that, it should last a long time. rust-oleum spray can as example.