for those wanting to add console cd player

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
if you want to add factory cd player to your console.you can get the console base which includes the cd player its self from mopar for 99.00.part number 68398167 aa.this is just the base you will have to use your side panels lid etc.the only problem might be these thing are easy to break during shipping.of the 6 or so i have ordered over the years i think i recieved two that were not broken.one of the 99 dollar ones i got one of the front pegs you could call them was broke and the front cross piece was also i was able to fix that with epoxy and once installed you can not tell.you will need a wiring harness based on you options and model year.the one for my uaq 18 ram harvest was part number 683981890 aa.this with vary with options like heated seats and such and year.i think the harness was 85.00.the dealer charged 60.00 for the flash.so for about 300.00 including shipping i you get 100% factory cd player.the player its self is 160.00 go figure.i'm sure if a lot are ordered at 99.00 the price will go up.funny thing is i think i have used the cd player 3 times in the six months i have had it.if anyone wants pics i will try to post some as i have plenty of time because of the corona virus i am off work.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It sounds as though you are not using yours much. Would you be willing to sell the one you assembled and installed?
Jay

OP
OP

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not really as its already installed and I would have to have the flash for the cd removed.which you would think would be easy but I don't know if one option can be removed or all the the factory options have to be reflashed .that and shipping on this thing would be like half the value of it.I don't think I paid but like 30 for shipping when new but retail shipping would be like 50.00.the online parts sights more than likely losing money selling and shipping this thing.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
if you want to add factory cd player to your console.you can get the console base which includes the cd player its self from mopar for 99.00.part number 68398167 aa.this is just the base you will have to use your side panels lid etc.the only problem might be these thing are easy to break during shipping.of the 6 or so i have ordered over the years i think i recieved two that were not broken.one of the 99 dollar ones i got one of the front pegs you could call them was broke and the front cross piece was also i was able to fix that with epoxy and once installed you can not tell.you will need a wiring harness based on you options and model year.the one for my uaq 18 ram harvest was part number 683981890 aa.this with vary with options like heated seats and such and year.i think the harness was 85.00.the dealer charged 60.00 for the flash.so for about 300.00 including shipping i you get 100% factory cd player.the player its self is 160.00 go figure.i'm sure if a lot are ordered at 99.00 the price will go up.funny thing is i think i have used the cd player 3 times in the six months i have had it.if anyone wants pics i will try to post some as i have plenty of time because of the corona virus i am off work.
Did you have to add any wires to the radio ?
I have a 18 harvest as well and have the CD player and tray etc from a 2015 1500
I only seen like 3 wires coming to my console from the floor etc so not sure if I would need to add more or if this harness you have mentioned is the one you run under the carpet etc ?

OP
OP

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It sounds like you have the middle seat/console.you will need the seat sub harness.there is only two for the middle seat.one for cd one without.it is in the seat itself.no easy way to put it in.the seat has to come apart.not that hard really you can watch mpgrimms you tube video on installing a media hub and that covers the console lid part.i am thinking you will need 4 extra bolts for the cd tray.I picked some up at Lowe's m6 I think.does your media hub light up now?I did this conversion on a 16.the 18 up full consoles have a different pinout for illumination so if your hub doesn't light up now the cd harness should be the same for any year. if it does I wouldn't know for sure first hand.you may need a 18 up harness.I will do some digging.

OP
OP

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
from what i have found out the 18 jump seat cd harness is 68362028 aa around 90.00 wholesale.i' am pretty sure but do not quarantee anything so you may want to ask some questions if you order.a lot of online places don't list this number yet. all mopar parts has is if you type it in as 68362028aa all as one word.some have it as wiring, seat others wiring console.if you need the 4 bottom bolts they m6 x 40.i ordered a pack off ebay and have plenty if you need 4 just let me know and i can mail you some free of charge like mailing 4 bolts is going to put me out a lot for postage lol.

Last edited:

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
from what i have found out the 18 jump seat cd harness is 68362028 aa around 90.00 wholesale.i' am pretty sure but do not quarantee anything so you may want to ask some questions if you order.a lot of online places don't list this number yet. all mopar parts has is if you type it in as 68362028aa all as one word.some have it as wiring, seat others wiring console.if you need the 4 bottom bolts they m6 x 40.i ordered a pack off ebay and have plenty if you need 4 just let me know and i can mail you some free of charge like mailing 4 bolts is going to put me out a lot for postage lol.
I have full center console on my 2018 harvest edition etc from factory
Had heated seats now has heated cooled etc
Thanks for helping me with this

OP
OP

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ok then you would need the 18 full console harness with heated seats etc.the cd harness is just like the non cd harness except it has a cd plug that branches off it.the bad part its made /spliced into the entire harness.probably just 10.00 worth of parts to splice into your harness but most of the places to get the plug,pins from have a minimum order then you would need the right crimpers etc.i have been looking for a plug that would fit the cd player already with wire leads like from a radio install kit or aftermarkit radio but haven't had any luck.if i could find one people could just splice into their stock harness and save about 100.00.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
ok then you would need the 18 full console harness with heated seats etc.the cd harness is just like the non cd harness except it has a cd plug that branches off it.the bad part its made /spliced into the entire harness.probably just 10.00 worth of parts to splice into your harness but most of the places to get the plug,pins from have a minimum order then you would need the right crimpers etc.i have been looking for a plug that would fit the cd player already with wire leads like from a radio install kit or aftermarkit radio but haven't had any luck.if i could find one people could just splice into their stock harness and save about 100.00.
Ok thank .
I have the plug attached to the CD player .I have a spare full console that it came In. So the reason I didn’t swap console is because of the media hub etc .
I did take lid off it and put it on my truck as I did a full interior swap to the black leather etc.
Would I have to replace the wire harness leading up to the console ?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
FYI from the UAQ upgrade thread (post 5)...

** Please see my post in CircuitGuy's Dash swap thread, post 40, for details about the panel light wiring mod if installing this (2018 console lid) in a 13-17 console truck (or you may drain the battery just plugging it in)**

M² Mods.

OP
OP

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No the dash wiring is plug and play .you would just need the sales code flashed and the player will work.and check out the thread mpgrimm grim posted.the pre 18 harness I used first I had no illumination on the 18 lid
but I had no battery drain so I don't know only used it a week until the correct factory harness came in.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
So this is the connector for the CD player
Where would you splice in the existing harness to get these connected etc

599EFC25-05B8-475E-B534-47C361CC34F6.png

B0FA83AF-258F-4D94-9B2A-6B1C066424BF.png
I’m guessing I would splice of this connector and run the wires to the CD player etc
Just don’t know where this connector location is
Must be near the front of the console coming up from the carpet etc ?

Last edited:

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Does anyone know what the console harness part number would be for a 2018 ram 1500 with the heated seats and apple car play
This is a pic from my spare console so now I know what you mean .
Just need to replace the console harness

822949DD-4A7F-4E63-9EFD-3A1F51C6DACF.jpeg

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
The wiring harness part number doesn’t seem to be valid ?

OP
OP

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Which one? The one I listed for my console came right off the parts label on the bag.i got it from all mopar parts you have to enter the number and aa together to get it to show up.however this is not the harness you need i don't have heated seats.i take it you have the non console harness in your truck now and the cd console not in the truck also has a harness?if so just cut into the tape of the harnesses be careful not to cut anything.cut the cd plug with a good amount of wire lead off the cd harness and match the wire colors to your factory harness and splice them in.a pre 18 and 18 up harness both worked my cd player so the wiring for the cd must be the same.the cd player will power up and take and eject a disc without a flash but will not play until the sales code is flashed into the bcm.i was actually using a 16 ra4 radio when they flashed my truck and everything went fine.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
My truck came with full Centre console from factory without the CD player .
The CD player console I have in my basement is from a 2015 so the Media hub wiring is probably different than my 2018 Centre console that has the apple car play
I might just make my own harness like you say and run the additional wires .
Will keep you posted what I do this week
Thanks for the help

OP
OP

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
IMG_20200329_193850354.jpg IMG_20200329_193145975.jpg there are seven harness for the 18. i use factory chrysler parts to look up stuff because their online lookup is better.scoll down and it shows chrysler brand icons click on ram then electrical and wiring console and it will list them.i included some pics where it branches.just swap your factory harness and lid to the cd console.the lid just plugs into the console at back so you won't have to take apart the lid

IMG_20200329_193154666.jpg

OP
OP

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thats how the 99.00 cd base comes by the way if anyone wants to order one.minus the harness of course.

OP
OP

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tore into a cd harness tonight.the only two wires that tie into the harness are the red and black wires.the other wires are pinned directly off the console connector that hooks to the dash harness.but they are tiny pins and unpining them would be a pain ,5 wires.the non cd harness doesn't even have them.so one would have to unpin the cd plug and pin the other non cd harness.worth the 80.00 just to get the right harness.