Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bakerman42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a squeak coming from the front, on the driverside. I've ruled out the strut and I'm thinking the plastic piece above the chrome bumper is the sources of the squeaking. It is touching the chrome bumper on the driverside but on the passenger side there is a 1/4" gap. Has anyone had this issue and know how to adjust it, or know where to find instructions or a video on it? I've looked on YouTube and Googled it with no luck. Thanks for time and any info you can give.

OP
OP
Bakerman42

Bakerman42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh yeah, I drive a 2013 ram 1500 Laramie.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2014 is the same. Driver side touches the bumper and passenger side doesn't. There are some screws where the bumper cover attaches to the fender. However, I have yet to inspect them to see if they have a slit that will allow you to move the screw up or down. If it just screws straight through a hole, then that won't fix it and I'm curious as well to know if anything could be done to solve the problem.

OP
OP
Bakerman42

Bakerman42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has no one else had this problem or attempted to fix it?

Imlost

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 he I
Evidently it’s not a huge problem. I have also been looking for information on adjusting this piece as well as mine has a huge gap (about 3/4”) in the middle but is flush to the bumper on the sides. I believe the previous owner of the truck hit a dog or deer with it because I’ve noticed this and a little wrinkle in the bumper and a broken headlight mount.

I haven’t had time to inspect it yet but when I do I will try to take some pictures and post.

OP
OP
Bakerman42

Bakerman42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Evidently it’s not a huge problem. I have also been looking for information on adjusting this piece as well as mine has a huge gap (about 3/4”) in the middle but is flush to the bumper on the sides. I believe the previous owner of the truck hit a dog or deer with it because I’ve noticed this and a little wrinkle in the bumper and a broken headlight mount.

I haven’t had time to inspect it yet but when I do I will try to take some pictures and post.

OP
OP
Bakerman42

Bakerman42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. That would be great. As soon as the weather breaks I'm gonna try taking it apart.

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L

This video helped me replace my black tradesman cover with a factory painted one. It should give you everything you need to check the alignment.

OP
OP
Bakerman42

Bakerman42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I appreciate it. Thanks

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let us know if you figure it out. I removed the entire bumper last week. There were only the mounting bolts where I didn't see room to adjust. As for the upper bumper, where it bolts to the fender there is no room to to adjust it either.

OP
OP
Bakerman42

Bakerman42

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let us know if you figure it out. I removed the entire bumper last week. There were only the mounting bolts where I didn't see room to adjust. As for the upper bumper, where it bolts to the fender there is no room to to adjust it either.

That sucks! I was hoping I could adjust it a little.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That sucks! I was hoping I could adjust it a little.

I did a complete bumper swap, so I didn't necessarily take time looking and contemplating, but nothing stuck out that evidenced I could slightly adjust it.