Front diff drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike.luciano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Anyone done front diff drop with there bigger leveling kits? If so what did you use/who makes it? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mike.luciano

Mike.luciano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well it still functions but what my friend and i had noticed even with just leveling kits 2" and up if u put it in 4wheel and give it a decent amount of gas u will feel a wobble/wheel hop in the front from the increased angle of the cv shafts. His was taken care of by alot of parts searching to get what was needed for the diff drop because we couldnt find a company that actually sold just a diff drop kit. Im just reaching out on here in case anyone else has done this or has had luck finding a kit. Other than that ill just get all the part numbers from my friend and do it that way. Just was curious if there was a kit out there instead of buying individual parts from lift kits.

OP
OP
Mike.luciano

Mike.luciano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
XXSNOTRODXX
Well it still functions but what my friend and i had noticed even with just leveling kits 2" and up if u put it in 4wheel and give it a decent amount of gas u will feel a wobble/wheel hop in the front from the increased angle of the cv shafts. His was taken care of by alot of parts searching to get what was needed for the diff drop because we couldnt find a company that actually sold just a diff drop kit. Im just reaching out on here in case anyone else has done this or has had luck finding a kit. Other than that ill just get all the part numbers from my friend and do it that way. Just was curious if there was a kit out there instead of buying individual parts from lift kits.

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey, I know a guy that has done the Diff drop ;)o_O. For anyone else curious about it, I put a bilstein level on my 11 1500 set at 2.1". Afterword my cv angles were horrible. In 4x4 if I hit the gas you could feel a shimmy in the truck, If I floored it the front end literally felt like it was going to come out from under my truck. After changing C/V's and still having the issue I spent alot of time thinking it over and I determined that the issue was being caused by the C/V angle and that I needed to drop the diff.

I ended up getting in touch with zone offroad. I seen that they offered a " D48 kit" for almost $700 which is a 2.5" level kit with upper CA's and a diff drop kit. I only needed the diff drop kit though. So I got in touch with Kevin Bradshaw at Zone and asked him if they could sell me just the diff drop kit. He told me that unfortunately they could not BUT that what they could do is sell me a "portion" of the kit. He sold me for $165.04 the " D2300 Diff relocation kit ". This kit comes with some stuff you don't need such as leveling spacers. But what I did was resold the spacer and hardware for $100 on the forum if I recall and I basically got the diff drop portion of the kit that I needed for the remainder.

Installed the diff drop kit and have had zero issues since!. @Mike.luciano

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have a list of all the parts or kits that come with the 4/6” Zone kits?

Post a link if you can

OP
OP
Mike.luciano

Mike.luciano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hey, I know a guy that has done the Diff drop ;)o_O. For anyone else curious about it, I put a bilstein level on my 11 1500 set at 2.1". Afterword my cv angles were horrible. In 4x4 if I hit the gas you could feel a shimmy in the truck, If I floored it the front end literally felt like it was going to come out from under my truck. After changing C/V's and still having the issue I spent alot of time thinking it over and I determined that the issue was being caused by the C/V angle and that I needed to drop the diff.

I ended up getting in touch with zone offroad. I seen that they offered a " D48 kit" for almost $700 which is a 2.5" level kit with upper CA's and a diff drop kit. I only needed the diff drop kit though. So I got in touch with Kevin Bradshaw at Zone and asked him if they could sell me just the diff drop kit. He told me that unfortunately they could not BUT that what they could do is sell me a "portion" of the kit. He sold me for $165.04 the " D2300 Diff relocation kit ". This kit comes with some stuff you don't need such as leveling spacers. But what I did was resold the spacer and hardware for $100 on the forum if I recall and I basically got the diff drop portion of the kit that I needed for the remainder.

Installed the diff drop kit and have had zero issues since!. @Mike.luciano
Yes i know lol was just seeing what other options there may be lol

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I though I remembered reading where it was not available for the 12 or 13 and on 1500s

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats fine but Many reading this may be interested but do not have an earlier Gen4 . Newer 1500s have a high pinion and larger front diff so those considering this do some research before ordering is all Im pointing out

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats fine but Many reading this may be interested but do not have an earlier Gen4 . Newer 1500s have a high pinion and larger front diff so those considering this do some research before ordering is all Im pointing out
The link I posted above shows 09-11. A few things changed on the newer models which is why so many people have issues with upper BJ’s popping after leveling. Everyone should do their homework before buying anything in a whim. Not sure what the fix is on newer ones that may have this problem or what part numbers they may need but 09-12 I can say for sure what the problem was, the fix was, and the parts numbers used to do the job.

CLOUDL1GHT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins HO
I though I remembered reading where it was not available for the 12 or 13 and on 1500s

That's because the '12 and newer diffs sit lower already. Like you mentioned in your later post.

After swapping to a 2010 diff my CV angles are pretty steep. My plan is to get RCV axles in the future since I'm already on a 37" tire and they have the capability for the high angles.

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I found a cure for my 2014 . Problem is its hard to find a Gen 3 Power Wagon in mint shape but Im still looking. The right F-350 would do the trick also . Losing interest in Dodge some what . This is my last IFS of any kind. Keeping this POS running long enough to find a replacement is an accomplishment in itself with only 46,000 miles on it.

Last edited:

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's because the '12 and newer diffs sit lower already. Like you mentioned in your later post.

After swapping to a 2010 diff my CV angles are pretty steep. My plan is to get RCV axles in the future since I'm already on a 37" tire and they have the capability for the high angles.

Aren’t those CV’s like $3000?

roadrnnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know this is an old thread but I am having the zone Drop kit put on my 2011. Here are the Zone part numbers if anyone is interested:
124422 (Bracket)
124423 (**)
124425 (**)
124424 (**)
124426 (hardware)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007