Front driver's seat removal on '97 1500 extended cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpilk99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all.

Hoping to remove the upholstery on my driver's seat so I can repair it. Not looking too easy to remove while seat is in truck. Un-did the 4 nuts/bolts ...but finding that the center armrest/seat is "riveted" to the driver's sliding seat frame(??). Do I have to take out the WHOLE bench, if you will, of passenger/center/driver?

Thank you.

Jay

Sherman Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all.

Hoping to remove the upholstery on my driver's seat so I can repair it. Not looking too easy to remove while seat is in truck. Un-did the 4 nuts/bolts ...but finding that the center armrest/seat is "riveted" to the driver's sliding seat frame(??). Do I have to take out the WHOLE bench, if you will, of passenger/center/driver?

Thank you.

Jay

According to my information subscription I use for my shop, you have to remove the entire seat as an assembly!

Last edited by a moderator:

DodgeLady

Military
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 L
According to my information subscription I use for my shop, you have to remove the entire seat as an assembly!

This is good to know for future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jessyj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is it a bench seat? or 2 separate seats with the center console? cause if it the latter then all yoy do is reach under the console and you find 4 bolts holding it in, take that out then the drivers seat next easy pezzy.

Too Old School

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 L 360 Magnum
Please forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong place. I'm new to Dodge Forum. Had trouble finding where to start a thread. As my name implies, I'm "too old school". Don't like all the plastic and computerized systems on post 70s vehicles. In addition the last Dodge product I owned was a Bright Orange 1970 Roadrunner with 440 6 Pack, 4 sp. when I was 18. One fast bird!!!
My issue: Just purchased a nice 98 1500, 4x4 quad cab... Don't mean to call people names, but some moron cut the shoulder/ seat belts and stuffed the belts back in to the seat backs. Fortunately I have located good condition seat backs for pass and driver side that match my Agate interior. Can someone advise me? The outer side of seat backs look simple enough to remove from the seat bottom, but the inner side where the seat pivots (see photo) looks a little more complicated because of how the seat frame is made. The pivot area of the seat back appears to rest in between 2 pieces of frame on the seat bottom.I removed a nut from the bolt but there is no play in the bolt and I cant find a head on the bolt. Do I have to disassemble the seat frame to change out the seat backs?
Again, I apologize and thank you for your help

seat1.jpg