Front end lower

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Want to lower my front end on my 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 2WD around 2 inches. Has anyone done it to give advice between lowering spindles vs springs. Not interested in physics, psychology, geometry. I just like the looks of the front end a little lower than the rear. Any knowledge will be appreciated.

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used belltech 2/4. Springs and stock shocks, needs an alignment, but looks killer and ride isn’t much stiffer than stock. Lot of guys swear by the spindle drops, but I’ve only ever used springs. I guess it comes down to budget and preference. I do have an issue with rubbing on full lock, sport 20’s on 275/55’s. Every truck reacts differently, some do not rub at all. Good luck!

OP
OP

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I used belltech 2/4. Springs and stock shocks, needs an alignment, but looks killer and ride isn’t much stiffer than stock. Lot of guys swear by the spindle drops, but I’ve only ever used springs. I guess it comes down to budget and preference. I do have an issue with rubbing on full lock, sport 20’s on 275/55’s. Every truck reacts differently, some do not rub at all. Good luck!
Ok, so you used springs and front end alignment and that was all. Thanks

beebop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also pick up a pair of MOOG K80337 front swaybar end links from your local parts store. These are for a FORD pickup, but I promise they will not hurt your Rams performance! I've got them, and also had them on my 2012, both lowered 2"F, 3"R with springs. They're shorter than your stock links, and will bring your front swaybar back closer to level after you lower the front end. And like 1SioRam stated above, finish up with a good alignment.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Want to lower my front end on my 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 2WD around 2 inches. Has anyone done it to give advice between lowering spindles vs springs. Not interested in physics, psychology, geometry. I just like the looks of the front end a little lower than the rear. Any knowledge will be appreciated.

Dropped spindles are easier to install,then drop springs

beebop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dropped spindles are easier to install, then drop springs
I've read that drop spindles push the front wheel and tire out some. Is this true of all the available brand spindles, or just certain brands? And if so, out by how much?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I've read that drop spindles push the front wheel and tire out some. Is this true of all the available brand spindles, or just certain brands? And if so, out by how much?

They move the wheels out roughly 3/8" on each side. I'm running narrowed drop spindles on my 4X4.They've been narrowed 5/8". My buddy owns a machine shop,so he narrowed the spindles and caliper brackets for me for a decent price.The 4X4's run just under a 1/4" (0.20" ) wider front track then the 4X2's do.
295/45/20's on the front, 305/50/20's on the rear,on the stock 20X9" sport rims

DSCN4041.JPG