Front stage issues after UAS... 3.5's or components???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4eyedconekiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Since Installing my UAS, I've noticed a dramatic change in sound quality. Everything is muddy, and the soundstage is about hip high. I've got the treble maxed, and mids at +2 or +3. Still very muddy. I did upgrade to A-Series Pioneer door speakers a while back, and it was a tremendous upgrade over the stockers with the RA-series UConnect.

Now, I'm not sure what to do. The dash speakers are still stock, so I'm toying with the idea of going with some nice 3.5's or the Alpine S-S69C Components:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079G5X8K8/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_zKFnFb2B6P81N

Any thoughts you guys would have??? I'm open to suggestions, lol.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Anything is better than the stock 3.5's. Make sure you check the thread on running resistors to aftermarket 3.5's. The OEM dash speakers are 8 ohm vs. 4 ohm.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Since Installing my UAS, I've noticed a dramatic change in sound quality. Everything is muddy, and the soundstage is about hip high. I've got the treble maxed, and mids at +2 or +3. Still very muddy. I did upgrade to A-Series Pioneer door speakers a while back, and it was a tremendous upgrade over the stockers with the RA-series UConnect.

Now, I'm not sure what to do. The dash speakers are still stock, so I'm toying with the idea of going with some nice 3.5's or the Alpine S-S69C Components:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079G5X8K8/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_zKFnFb2B6P81N

Any thoughts you guys would have??? I'm open to suggestions, lol.
There are known audio issues on certain UAS/UAQ firmware. Upgrading the firmware to 22.6 usually corrects this issue.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP

4eyedconekiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
There are known audio issues on certain UAS/UAQ firmware. Upgrading the firmware to 22.6 usually corrects this issue.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
Good to know. I don't have the Donor VIN for the head unit, though. Any suggestions on how to force it to update OTA?

Last edited: