Front Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

osky1976

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Hello everyone, I hoping I can get some assistance if possible, on part numbers? I’m looking to replace bushings for my upper control arm and lower control arm, including upper ball joints and lower ball joints and wheel hub bearings for a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 2Dr short bed.

Thanks

Oscar

pajeepman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I bought parts at rockauto when I rebuilt my 2003 a few years ago. I went with Moog because I planned on keeping the truck for a while. Sold it a few months later. You will probably end up replacing the upper control arm and ball joint assemble as a whole. Prices vary greatly. If I knew I was going to sell my truck, I would have used cheaper ball joints, and just changed the bad one(I did upper, lower, steering rack, bilsteins, sway bar bushings).
I did it in a weekend in my brothers driveway and "rented" a front end service kit from autozone and advanced auto. 1 of the kits did not have stuff to do full size truck front ends.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
osky1976

osky1976

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Is 1aauto parts good replacement parts, I'm not looking for high performance parts. Im fine with parts that gets the job done. A to B for me.

10 Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is 1aauto parts good replacement parts, I'm not looking for high performance parts. Im fine with parts that gets the job done. A to B for me.

I got all of my front suspension parts from rockauto, except for the lower control arm bolts, those damn things were frozen in the bushings. Had to cut them out with a reciprocating saw.

RedneckHippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 Hemi w/ MDS
I’ve done all those jobs before on my 05 Cummins, bought the stuff off rock auto without any issues. Fixed my death wabble and wondering issues. I will say though, 1a auto has some helpful install videos on some makes and models.

OP
OP
osky1976

osky1976

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
well, I have a budget and I think I'm gonna try 1aauto. on the bushings and ball joints and Moog for the wheel hubs. I will let you guys know how it goes.
Thanks