Frustrated.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
And what does the clock spring for the steering wheel position have to do with the OP who posted a question about their Steering wheel controls that do not work???
Presumably all the steering wheel controls are conveyed electronically through the clock spring. Which is not actually a spring, but it does have similar visual characteristics to one, which is probably why it's called that.

Jim BB

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
And what does the clock spring for the steering wheel position have to do with the OP who posted a question about their Steering wheel controls that do not work???
all the electronics from the steering wheel go through it Ie horn, cruise control radio controls and so on any thing that is electronic

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
just dug a little deeper

What does a clock spring do? A clock spring is a spiral-wound unique rotary electrical connector used in vehicle steering systems that allows the steering wheel to turn while maintaining an electrical connection between the horn, other devices, and the vehicle's electrical systems.

educational video, that cleared up things for me

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
just dug a little deeper

What does a clock spring do? A clock spring is a spiral-wound unique rotary electrical connector used in vehicle steering systems that allows the steering wheel to turn while maintaining an electrical connection between the horn, other devices, and the vehicle's electrical systems.

educational video, that cleared up things for me

They can call that wound electrical ribbon what ever they want to but its still not a Spring let alone a spring for a Clock...

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
They can call that wound electrical ribbon what ever they want to but its still not a Spring let alone a spring for a Clock...
You are aware of the existence of homonyms in the English language, correct?
Are you going to try to convince a baseball player that that thing they’re swinging at the ball is not a flying mammal, so it shouldn’t be called a bat?

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
I have a clock spring in my vintage style automatic Swiss watch. Had no idea there might be something like that in my "hyper-modern" Ram...
You also have the same round wheels, ussed for movement, just like the carriage that Baby Jesus rode in.
Amazing, ain't it?
How some things stand the test of time?
Like Kindness and even sarcastic idiocy?