Fuel pump control module - $1500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B Vig

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Hello - Gas gauge on my 2015 1500 drops to empty after about 50 miles off a full tank. After two years of this decided was tired of it. I live in a remote area, one dealer/service center available. They say the fuel pump control module isn't 'sending' & a replacement is $1560. I can't really get a second opinion anywhere (I'm literally on an island in Hawaii.) Can anyone say if this is reasonable. Seems really high but I don't know much. I'm inclined to not fix it. Any other risk if I just leave it? Thank you.

OP
OP
B

B Vig

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Oh wow, thank you for that link.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wait ...you have islands in Hawaii? LOL

flinkpoyd01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just paid $1300 this week for this exact fix. I’ve been putting it off and wanted to get it fixed before towing my camper now that it’s spring and I know I won’t have time to drop the 32 gallon tank or remove the bed to get to the fuel pump.

So yes, $1300-$1500 isn’t out of the question. It’s also robbery, but I agreed to pay it so I guess I’m part of the problem