Fuel pump time! Need some help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Check for power/ground at the fuel pump connector before changing any more parts.

OP
OP
LeesEvoX

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Check for power/ground at the fuel pump connector before changing any more parts.
I have power... it's the ******** TIPM module. I jumped the fuel pump relay just to test. And it started right up.

FML... autozone has a dorman module for our truck.. so looks like I'll be spending $1000 anyway lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I have power... it's the ******** TIPM module. I jumped the fuel pump relay just to test. And it started right up.

FML... autozone has a dorman module for our truck.. so looks like I'll be spending $1000 anyway lol

You won’t have power at the fuel pump if it’s the TIPM relay, that’s where the power for the fuel pump comes from.

If it actually is the TIPM relay, there are companies that make bypass kits for much less than a dorman TIPM.

OP
OP
LeesEvoX

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
You won’t have power at the fuel pump if it’s the TIPM relay, that’s where the power for the fuel pump comes from.

If it actually is the TIPM relay, there are companies that make bypass kits for much less than a dorman TIPM.
Sorry. I jumped the fuel pump through the tipm, just to see if it worked. Which it did. But the minute I put the fuses back in, or take the jumper out. The trucks dies.

I dont care about cost at this point. Going on a road trip this week lol.

I got the dorman tipm. Plugged in. Truck fired right up. And stayed running.

Only thing is. Now I have ABS light. Airbag light. Traction control light. All on the dash.

Please tell me these things don't need to be programmed! Lol. I'm gonna try a hard reset to see if that helps.

But in the grand scheme of things. I got it running again! Lol

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
They shouldn't hold any memory as far as I know. Might just need a reset just as you said. I hope.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Sorry. I jumped the fuel pump through the tipm, just to see if it worked. Which it did. But the minute I put the fuses back in, or take the jumper out. The trucks dies.

I dont care about cost at this point. Going on a road trip this week lol.

I got the dorman tipm. Plugged in. Truck fired right up. And stayed running.

Only thing is. Now I have ABS light. Airbag light. Traction control light. All on the dash.

Please tell me these things don't need to be programmed! Lol. I'm gonna try a hard reset to see if that helps.

But in the grand scheme of things. I got it running again! Lol

Sometimes they will require programming. First check airbag fuses. Should be two of them in a yellow housing. They come partially removed to prevent any accidental airbag deployment when installing the connectors. They have to be pushed back down.

OP
OP
LeesEvoX

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Sometimes they will require programming. First check airbag fuses. Should be two of them in a yellow housing. They come partially removed to prevent any accidental airbag deployment when installing the connectors. They have to be pushed back down.
Ok thank you. I did check the fuses. But only really checked they were there you know. I am going to leave it overnight to try and reset. Before I get into it tomorrow. I will check all fuses are fully terminated.

OP
OP
LeesEvoX

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Ok yall. Left the truck overnight. Finished it up. Checked all fuses were pressed in. But I still have ABS light, Ebrake light, air bag light, and traction control light on the dash.

Also the TIP start wont work. Starts fine if I hold the key while starting, just not using TIP start

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Ok yall. Left the truck overnight. Finished it up. Checked all fuses were pressed in. But I still have ABS light, Ebrake light, air bag light, and traction control light on the dash.

Also the TIP start wont work. Starts fine if I hold the key while starting, just not using TIP start

It’ll have to be programmed then.

OP
OP
LeesEvoX

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
It’ll have to be programmed then.
Ugh. I wonder what my odds would be Of returning this one I bought and then just fixing my OEM unit lol

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Ugh. I wonder what my odds would be Of returning this one I bought and then just fixing my OEM unit lol

Probly slim to none. Every place I've bought electrics from say returns allowed unless its been plugged in.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

I would just do the bypass kit if it was me. Cheaper that way. I’ve never had good luck with dorman TIPM’s. Had a few come faulty right out of the box.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Tell em it wasn't hooked up repackage it perfectly and like tach says bypass all day. You can make your own bypass too.

OP
OP
LeesEvoX

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Oh yeah!!

So I just cycled the ignition a few times. Left it for like 30 seconds each time.

Just started her up.. NO LIGHTS! (Ignore tpms, that's something else lol).

So it looks like after a 30 minutes drives. And cycling the ignition. Its good to go.

When the abs lights were in I had no cruise control. Which seems to be working now.

Only thing that doesn't work is the TIP start... but whatever. I am a happy camper!7845e22e67685807fd363e8e4a5a5865.jpg

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
Well atleast it's a happier ending than my last massage. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
What is TIP start?

Glad to hear it worked out. I got to do the fuel level sensor soon, I just count my miles for now.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
What is TIP start?

Glad to hear it worked out. I got to do the fuel level sensor soon, I just count my miles for now.

Tip start is where you just bump the key to the start position and it will continue cranking till it starts, instead of having to hold the key in the start position.

OP
OP
LeesEvoX

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Well atleast it's a happier ending than my last massage. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
Oh so I spoke to autozone about that. This is great.

You cannot return it for full refund, only for the core fee. Because there is a piece of white tape over one of the connectors you have to remove to install the plug. Well when you rip this off, it leave void marks on the unit hahah. Cheeky ********.

But the good thing about this is. It does have a lifetime warranty. So if it goes bad again. It should be covered.

There was no way I was getting rid of the new unit after spending 600 on it (minus core fee).